US: Game of Thrones Season 3 (contains spoilers)

Caporegime
As above, plus as far as we have seen it's only 1 at a time, can't see him taking the minds of 6000 men and 3 dragons. :p

why does everyone think he will be against daenerys anyway? and they will probably need those dragons to kill the white walkers one day

Soldato
why does everyone think he will be against daenerys anyway? and they will probably need those dragons to kill the white walkers one day

Daenerys doesn't think much of the Starks, Lannisters or Baratheons....and they aren't too keen on Targaryens either.

Don't kid yourself that there will be a clear good vs evil by the end;)

Soldato

Apart from the fact it's called game of thrones, not game of friends?

:p

She is fairly bad-ass and I don't see her thinking the Starks (what's left of them) as allies.

Guess we will have to wait, or read the books but that's dull (sorry book people)

Associate
I'm definitely on Daenerys' side. However I agree she has the strongest army, and of course the Dragons. But Bran is clearly now the most capable, he can quite easily take control of her army and dragons and use them as he wishes.

She has 10k men. Forces loyal to the crown now have 10 times that number.

One

One

Soldato
Not to mention already loyal to Bran. I guess it works like hypnosis - it only works if the person isn't resisting in any way.

Hodor does resist, he shakes his head. He is just too simple to understand what is happening. Basically though if you can get in, nothing can throw you out. I never even considered Bran taking control of the Dragons or Dany, that's a very interesting idea!

Thing is though, there is 3 dragons, he wouldn't be able to control them all, two dragons could just hold down the bran dragon.

Soldato
Why would he wish to fight her dragons?
Its not like Bran is pressing for her throne.
Its not like Bran has any motive or agenda just yet bar find 3eyedCrow and survive.

I expect some sort of battle in the snow involving the lord of light and his minions likely assisting by whatever remains of the Dragons, against the white walkers and whoever or whatever they represent.
It'll be interesting to see if Westeros needs to be batter into the ground first to unite the people under one banner to defend against beyond the wall, or if this can take place while the Game of Thrones continues.

One

One

Soldato
She has 10k men. Forces loyal to the crown now have 10 times that number.

A man does not equal a knight. A knight will fight to the death, the unsullied are like knights in that manner, they will fight until it's physically impossible for them to do so. The extra 90k men of the Queen's force are not knights or unsullied. If they get an arm cut off they're going to start crying and then die. I wouldn't straight away assume it was a simple result. Not to mention her dragons setting fire to hundreds of them at a time. Majority of the Westerosi men would see themselves facing a Dragon, something they thought was long gone from the world and **** their pants.

One

One

Soldato
Why would he wish to fight her dragons?
Its not like Bran is pressing for her throne.
Its not like Bran has any motive or agenda just yet bar find 3eyedCrow and survive.

I expect some sort of battle in the snow involving the lord of light and his minions likely assisting by whatever remains of the Dragons, against the white walkers and whoever or whatever they represent.
It'll be interesting to see if Westeros needs to be batter into the ground first to unite the people under one banner to defend against beyond the wall, or if this can take place while the Game of Thrones continues.

But we don't actually know the motives of the others beyond the wall, could well be they are just super upset at being forced to live in the cold for so long and they want some Dornish sun and wine. If a human came face to face with a wild direwolf his fate would be sealed with a chomp, however when bred from baby they are a loyal creature. Perhaps the others just need taming?

Caporegime
But we don't actually know the motives of the others beyond the wall, could well be they are just super upset at being forced to live in the cold for so long and they want some Dornish sun and wine. If a human came face to face with a wild direwolf his fate would be sealed with a chomp, however when bred from baby they are a loyal creature. Perhaps the others just need taming?

didn't they say he could only do it north of the wall anyway?

Caporegime
bran said he can only do it north of the wall
that other guy answers "no one else can do it anywhere"

which surely suggests worgs are strongest on the wrong side of the wall, which also must be why worgs seem more common on the other side of the wall and not all over westeros.

which means if correct he isn't charming any dragons , daenerys or her army unless she for some reason heads in the wrong direction on her way to the throne

NZB

NZB

Associate
I don't think they were meaning it's strength is dictated by the side of the wall. Just that's where worgs are and that not even they could do what he just did. Or maybe i'm remembering it wrong.

Caporegime
A man does not equal a knight. A knight will fight to the death, the unsullied are like knights in that manner, they will fight until it's physically impossible for them to do so. The extra 90k men of the Queen's force are not knights or unsullied. If they get an arm cut off they're going to start crying and then die. I wouldn't straight away assume it was a simple result. Not to mention her dragons setting fire to hundreds of them at a time. Majority of the Westerosi men would see themselves facing a Dragon, something they thought was long gone from the world and **** their pants.

10'000 unsullied, all armed with Spears. Strong and skilled fighters, but almost zero tactical flexibility barring reach of weapons and obvious strength vs calvary. Also not used to fighting heavily-armoured opponents like Westeros knights.

You could tie them up by throwing human fodder at them and arrow or crossbow them to oblivion.

Man of Honour

They bring the cold with them. Its not something forced on them.
didn't they say he could only do it north of the wall anyway?

Bran wasn't north of the wall when he did it :/

He's been doing it since his fall at wintefell!

Caporegime
Bran wasn't north of the wall when he did it :/

He's been doing it since his fall at wintefell!
It was his actual words but he was talking about hodor not a bird or whatever.

It makes me think the worgs powers are greatest near an area north of the wall, probably around where ever it is they are searching for the 3 eyed raven

Can we assume these worg powers are from a GOD? like the lord of light granting powers to certain individuals ? or in the books is it not considered to be connected with a god and just something that happens in nature? (put any answer that isn't based on speculation in spoiler tags)

Last edited:
Soldato
Season 4 Details from the man himself

I can't deny Im enjoying the tv series, but as someone who had read the books first, am I the only one in the world who wished he would go back to finishing what he started before concentrating on the TV side. GOT is turning into a Robert Jordan scenario, years between books :mad:
Having said that, the TV series is good...

Soldato
It was his actual words but he was talking about hodor not a bird or whatever.

It makes me think the worgs powers are greatest near an area north of the wall, probably around where ever it is they are searching for the 3 eyed raven

Can we assume these worg powers are from a GOD? like the lord of light granting powers to certain individuals ? or in the books is it not considered to be connected with a god and just something that happens in nature? (put any answer that isn't based on speculation in spoiler tags)

Arknor- This is barely even a spoiler, but it might answer your question...I will put it in a spoiler tag anyway:)
All magic is definitely stronger nearer the wall...don't know why at this point, but it is. It is also much stronger since dragons have returned. There are many wargs in the story(though it is not common), but Bran so the only one we have seen so far that has warged a human, though I think I recall reading that it has been done before.

I don't know of any Wargs that were not descended from the first men(Starks, Wildings, a few others that would be spoilers atm) and it is likely linked to the Old Gods imo....almost certainly not the Lord of Light

This is mostly just speculation though.

Back
Top Bottom