Get 20% Money back on your Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H

Associate
Got this tonight and am having a mere. It only sees half the ram and I have to reset cmos to get into bios as constantly hitting del on boot doesn't get me in.

Tried updating bios but the windows utility crashes :/

Ram is 2x8 gb corsair vengeance. When I remove a stick it only sees 4gb. I'm on win8 64bit.

Associate
tried with different usb ports?

update bios through qflash and within the bios itself,much safer

extract the bios file to a usb memory stick plug in enter bios press f8 or end and follow the prompts

Hi yep tried a few ports. Just reset CMOS and set first boot devices to USB with the stick in. Went straight to windows, hitting f8 no good as keyboard not detected. Old gigabyte board is fine sees all the ram and USB keyboard works.

Associate
Thanks. I thinks it bios related. As bios reports half the ram too. The new bios is well new and hard to navigate. Especially as I have to keep resetting cmos.

1. What is your bios version?
2. Which memory slots have you used? Try to use different slots.
3. Please check the CPU socket in the mobo for bent pins (use magnifying glass if necessary)

Hi, I claimed a voucher from the Facebook page, but it says "The voucher you're trying to access is no longer available." ...

We haven't received any details from you under email address I mentioned yesterday. Feel free to contact me by trust.

Soldato
I might enter this if there are still places :)

I took a photo of all the stickers that I saw on the board, but I guess I missed the one on the power connector. I'll see if I can get a snap of it...

Apart from this offer is there any reason you'd get this board instead of a Z87X-OC?

Without this offer they're similarly priced and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Ready to pull the trigger on my order and want to be sure about my mobo choice!

No doubt you've already ordered, but for anyone else that's wondering:

If you have two air-cooled GPUs, the UD4H may be the more attractive board - there is a three-slot gap between the two SLI-capable PCI-e 16x slots. So, you have a clear slots worth of space between your two GPUs. On the OC board they will be jammed up against each other. Should be worth 7-10 degrees off the top GPU under load, depending on specific GPU cooler design.

Soldato
OP
GIGA-Man said:
We haven't received any details from you under email address I mentioned yesterday. Feel free to contact me by trust.
Thanks GIGA-Man, I have now sent an e-mail to the address mentioned, with all the relevant details.

Thankyou.

Soldato
is this offer still running ? from a point of view of the 35 entries ?

will the thread be updated/offer be cancelled when you have gone over the 35 limit ?

it may effect my next purchase - hence query

Soldato
If you have two air-cooled GPUs, the UD4H may be the more attractive board - there is a three-slot gap between the two SLI-capable PCI-e 16x slots. So, you have a clear slots worth of space between your two GPUs. On the OC board they will be jammed up against each other. Should be worth 7-10 degrees off the top GPU under load, depending on specific GPU cooler design.

awesome info, just what I was trying to find out, thank you.

if I use to 680's would I still have suitable room to stick in a pci-e xonar essence?

many thanks

Back
Top Bottom