Fans keep changing speed - BitFenix Fan Controller

Associate
Today I got delivery of my new BitFenix Recon fan controller.

After having a spring clean of my computer I put back in all my parts and started the tedious process of re-wiring the whole thing with the added clutter of the new fan/temp cables from the new controller. Everything has turned out fine and I started my computer.

The first thing I noticed is even when I have set the controller to manual the RPM keep dipping around 900 - 1300 RPM. This causes a iritating noise hearable by ear of the fans changing speed. I haven't owned a controller before so I have nothing to really compare but all I know is they never did this before.

Does anybody have any tips of how to fix this of if this is a ordinary thing to happen with a controller.

Syther101

Associate
Does is stabilise after a few minutes? The reason for the changes in fan speed is that the Recon is "hunting" for the voltage that will keep the fan at your specified RPM. I.e. set voltage, check RPM, if not close to target repeat until target rpm is reached. Normally the fans do stabilise after a few minutes (at the most).

Also, don't forget to check out Phoebetria (shameless plug)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phoebetria/

Cheers,
Craig

Soldato
It's normal on mine too. Mine has done it since day one. It does settle though after a few minutes.

Does Phoebetria fix this issue Craig? Something went amiss with my Recon and it's either a USB software glitch somewhere or a USB hardware issue. If Phoebetria fixes it then I might look in a bit more to getting the issue resolved.

Associate
It's normal on mine too. Mine has done it since day one. It does settle though after a few minutes.

Does Phoebetria fix this issue Craig? Something went amiss with my Recon and it's either a USB software glitch somewhere or a USB hardware issue. If Phoebetria fixes it then I might look in a bit more to getting the issue resolved.

Unfortunately, no. The behaviour is in firmware.

Back
Top Bottom