Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hello, I asked my friend to help me with building my own pc and told him that I did want it to be able to play some games nothing hardcore though and still be relitivly cheep.

He gave me a list of parts and tutourials on how to go about putting them together.

This is the list of parts he gave me.

1.Asus P8H61-MX USB3 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel H61,

DDR3, S-ATA 300, Micro ATX, PCI Express 3.0, USB 3.0, Gigabit LAN,

GPU Boost)
2.4GB DDR3 RAM MEMORY UPGRADE FOR ASUS P8H61-M LE

Motherboard.
3.CiT Vantage Type-R Gaming Case with HD Audio, 4 Fans, Card

Reader and No PSU - Black
4.Alpine 750W Quiet Silent PC Power Supply PSU 120mm Fan
5.Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x Internal SATA DVD Drive
6.Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATAIII 6Gb/s 16MB Cache

3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM
7.MSI GeForce N210 Nvidia Graphics Card (1GB, PCI-E 2.0 x16)
8.Intel E6600 Core2 Duo 2.4GHz - Retail Boxed 1066MHz FSB,
10. windows 8 64
4MB Cache, Dual Core. 64bit Processor Extensions, so...
9.Dell 1907 FPT 19" Flat Panel TFT Monitor

Would this good for what I said i wanted to be able to do? And is it all compatable? The last thing i want to do is spend a bunch of money on things that don't even work.

Last edited:
Associate
Your formatting of the items is horrible and would benefit from a bit of tiding up however, it's not compatible. A socket 1155 motherboard does not fit a Intel E6600 CPU.

Last edited:
Soldato
What are you talking about? I just want to know if I'm buying the right things. If you aren't going to say anything usefull please go away!

The previous post was useful, as Micky was only trying to inform you of forums rules concerning linking to competitors.
And, I suggest you change your attitude, if you want help.:(

In answer to your questions. The parts are not compatable.
Cpu is socket 775, motherboard is 1155 and don`t get me started on that Psu. :D

Caporegime
@OP everything will work absolutely fine, dont listen to these jokers. Just make sure you don't put the heatsink on the CPU when you first power it on. If it doesn't spring into life you need to stick a fork in the PSU to jump start it, this will cause the Alpine to do what it does best. (work flawlessly)

Oh and post pictures. - Well, get someone else to post pictures.

Last edited:
Soldato
@OP everything will work absolutely fine, dont listen to these jokers. Just make sure you don't put the heatsink on the CPU when you first power it on. If it doesn't spring into life you need to stick a fork in the PSU to jump start it. :p

Dammit Acme we're having a joke with him!

Caporegime
Dammit Acme we're having a joke with him!

Sorry to be the one to come in and be all serious. :(

@OP sorry, dont follow my previous - completely accurate and helpful - advice because you are apparently a *****. :)

The parts wont work. And the selection is so awful that personally, I think you are a troll.

Let us stop feeding him guys... *goes to another thread*

Last edited:
Soldato
@OP everything will work absolutely fine, dont listen to these jokers. Just make sure you don't put the heatsink on the CPU when you first power it on. If it doesn't spring into life you need to stick a fork in the PSU to jump start it, this will cause the Alpine to do what it does best. (work flawlessly)

:D

Man of Honour
As has been said, no one's going to help you if you continue to address people in that manner. No one here owes you anything, this forum is very welcoming to polite people but this is no place for a bad attitude.

Associate
What are you talking about? I just want to know if I'm buying the right things. If you aren't going to say anything usefull please go away!

The force is strong with this one!

As it has been stated before if you come here with an attitude like that you probably wont get much help. Don't forget this is a forum of enthusiasts, not your local shop who will have people paid to bend over to get a sale.

A little bit of respect can go a long way... Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom