Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Well we know chelsea have missed out on cavani, falcao, neymar, so there aren't many top strikers still on offer. If they want one it could have to be roo.

I'm concerned with the number of defenders we keep trying to buy. We either have no confidence is Evans, Jones or smalling or we want to go down the opposite route of all the most sucessful teams of late I.e we wanr to sticka defender into midfield when everyone else who wanrsto play good futball is trying to move their midfielders into defence!

Why would anyone have confidence in Smalling? He's calamitous.

Soldato
How is he a suitable replacement. He's a good player at best, certainly not the type of player who will define a season. At the money rumoured around him it's nothing short of crazy.

Someone who wants to play for the club, and prove themselves would be infinitely better than the current Rooney we have.

Caporegime
What I want to know is why our Chief Exec. is in Australia in the first place? I know he's new to the roll, but this isn't a holiday.

Secondly, people are talking about Torres like he's bad or rubbish, he's not, he actually had a pretty good season last year. I think it's become fun and trendy to hate on any mistake and just ignore the good.

Thirdly, people are talking about Man Utd needing to replace Rooney, not strictly true. We have 3 forwards in RVP, Hernandez and Welbeck, plus a natural, top class number 10 in Kagawa. Further to that Cleverley played there for the reserves and Watford and Anderson for both Santos and Porto. There are options, personally I'd rather us spend the money on midfielders.

Also, in the case of cash + Mata, let us not forget, Rooney won't do a bad job for Chelsea, he'll be motivated and want to prove a point. That's bad for us. He's not a bad player, he's just not playing for us like he was. Does it seem like a bad deal for Chelsea on the surface? Yes. But Rooney is a worldwide shirt seller, Mata isn't. Rooney will make their money back in no time whilst providing a service up front that none of their other forwards can manage.

Chelsea aren't short in midfield and Mourinho is quite defensive minded and prefers natural, direct, wingers. Mata likes to come inside and play behind the forwards. Mourinho isn't much of a fan of this, just look at Kaka at Real Madrid, and he cost them over £60m.
In the past Mourinho had Duff, Robben, Wright-Phillips and also deployed Joe Cole as a pure wide player. Perhaps he's looking to utilise the likes of Hazard, Schurrle and Moses in a similar fashion, which doesn't leave much room for Mata because he likes solid, more defensive CM's, so Ramires, Essien, Mikel maybe, plus he still has Oscar.

Caporegime
Someone who wants to play for the club, and prove themselves would be infinitely better than the current Rooney we have.

What makes you think Jovetic really wants to play for the club and could offer more than what Valencia, Nani, Young and Zaha already do out wide, or what RVP, Hernandez, Welbeck and Kagawa do up front? I certainly wouldn't swap any of those for Jovetic and I've watched him play several times.

fez

fez

Caporegime
suprised arsenal havent tryed to swap us arteta for rooney

Because Wenger isn't a massive **** like Mourinho.

Mourinho has been tapping up Rooney for a while. Saying how much he likes him and how good a player he is. Saying that his preparation for the WC won't be good if he isn't the star at United.

Hes a great manager but a complete end piece.

Soldato
let it be true!!!!

Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has left the club's pre-season tour of Australia to push through a move for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

United remain confident of securing the services of Fabregas despite Barca's insistence the player wants to remain at the Nou Camp and Arsenal having a £25million first refusal on their former captain.

Senior figures within the Red Devils camp are of the opinion Fabregas wishes to join them, although it may take more than the £26m they bid for the player earlier this week.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ster-United-tour-push-move.html#ixzz2ZJoI7CuH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Soldato
Prediction:

Rooney out
Lots of transfer speculation
Fellaini in, last minute
First game at OT opens with an emotional ceremony where Fergie and Wellbeck renew their vows, with Moyes officiating.

Soldato
Richard Conway ‏@richard_conway

Mourinho playing straight bat on Rooney. Confirms bid was lodged for Rooney with no #cfc players involved.

Q. Have Chelsea bid for anyone else? Mourinho: "No" Q. So it's Rooney or bust? Mourinho: "yes". #cfc #mufc

Mourinho: "we did what we have to do in a proper way, in an ethic way. we feel very happy with our behaviour because it was clean."

Bar the whole publicly jacking himself off over Rooney to the press saying it'll make the national team suffer and all sorts, yes Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom