Free SMTP Relay Server

Associate
I've just moved over to Sky for broadband, and have come unstuck with trying to get my exchange server at home to relay out to the real world.

Does anyone have any recommendations for decent free or even small charge Open Relay servers that are not spam blacklisted that I can relay through ??

Associate
I would have thought the SKY SMTP should work as your on a SKY connection.

We have an authenticated SMTP at work for when people aren't using our connection, but sometimes thats blocked so you have to use the current ISP's server which should work.

Associate
OP
1) I have my own domain, and email server, however most ISP block email from servers from dynamic IP ranges from ISP for spam reasons. Hence the need for an SMTP relay server that is trusted.

2) Using Sky's email server and thus Yahoo it changes the from address to the address for the account registered, and that the mail is being sent through, so all of my email addresses would come from one account, not what I need, hence needing an SMTP relay server that is trusted.

Permabanned
1) I have my own domain, and email server, however most ISP block email from servers from dynamic IP ranges from ISP for spam reasons. Hence the need for an SMTP relay server that is trusted.

2) Using Sky's email server and thus Yahoo it changes the from address to the address for the account registered, and that the mail is being sent through, so all of my email addresses would come from one account, not what I need, hence needing an SMTP relay server that is trusted.

How many users on this 'email server' ? what's the point if it's under 5 users ?

SMN

SMN

Soldato
You'll find most SMTP servers are restricted, as you dont ever want an open SMTP relay - spam, blacklist very quickly, etc. Best bet is just to have your own and buy a domain, its not that much work.

Soldato
You'll find most SMTP servers are restricted, as you dont ever want an open SMTP relay - spam, blacklist very quickly, etc. Best bet is just to have your own and buy a domain, its not that much work.

dont forget the static IP or PITA ddns....

Soldato
DNS Made Easy - $25 a year for their authenticated SMTP. I've been with them almost 10 years and they are amazing. Their DNS service has had 100% uptime for years.

http://www.dnsmadeeasy.com/managed-email-services/

I think you recommended this company to me in a different thread where I was asking about DNS.
Excellent people to deal with.
I'm now using them to run secondary DNS and backup mail queue for work (due to us closing down remote offices where I had the redundancy).
They were excellent in the pre-purchase stage while I was using thing under 30 day try-out - paid them after only a week as their service was that good.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I think you recommended this company to me in a different thread where I was asking about DNS.
Excellent people to deal with.
I'm now using them to run secondary DNS and backup mail queue for work (due to us closing down remote offices where I had the redundancy).
They were excellent in the pre-purchase stage while I was using thing under 30 day try-out - paid them after only a week as their service was that good.
I'm glad that worked out well for you!

Back
Top Bottom