*** iPhone 5S/5C - September 10th ***

Soldato
Really can't decide whether to get a 16Gb or 32Gb.

Or to order online or chance the Liverpool Apple store on Saturday. I presume the 32Gb model will be less popular and therefore there'd be a greater chance of being able to pick one up in a store?

Soldato
Really can't decide whether to get a 16Gb or 32Gb.

Or to order online or chance the Liverpool Apple store on Saturday. I presume the 32Gb model will be less popular and therefore there'd be a greater chance of being able to pick one up in a store?

32gb may be popular. I've found that 16gb isn't enough, a lot of people complain they have no storage space. I think the 32gb may sell like hot cakes now.

Soldato

It entirely depends though. The 5C seems the popular choice, for those who are wanting to jump on the apple bandwagon/old android users. The 5S may not do as well due to pricing/tariffs, judging by the 5c tariffs, I assume it to cost a lot more.

Some people may just prefer using the 16gb as they have tablets for pictures/videos. So they don't require the extra storage space.

Due to my past experience and opinions from others, I think 32gb will be popular, just how popular I can only guess. Needless to say the 5c/5s should be a breath of fresh-air until the 6 arrives.

I personally prefer the S versions of the phone as I find them to fit in nicely for the 2 year update cycle I usually do. I would actually keep my 4s till the 6, I don't find it to lack anything other then battery life. If the pricing is reasonable for the tariff (I'm due a upgrade anyway), I may just get the S. If it doesn't cut it, then I'll hold out for the 6.

Soldato
Im going for a 64 this time I think, not in any huge rush so willing to wait until there is stock in!

I still find the 64gb to be over-kill. I've watched many times on auction sites of it's value, and it seems to lose a lot more value then the 16gb/32gb. It doesn't make sense for me to buy it new, second-hand you'd probably get a better deal.

Soldato
After checking on my 16Gb iPad, I have 6Gb of music, 800Mb photos, 1.4Gb apps and 700Mb 'Other'. Around 4.5Gb remaining.

Given I will probably have less apps and less photos on the iPhone....I may get away with a 16Gb :o

Soldato
OP
I thought 16gb wasn't enough, then I looked at how I use the space.

7gb of music, of which I listen to the same 10 albums and skip the rest.
3gb of photos, of which I don't look at once a week or so has passed from taking.

So by dumping pics back on to the Mac on sync, and selecting my music more carefully I could probably shave 6-7gb off that usage. So I reckon 16gb is plenty for me. :)

Soldato
OP
Got a source for that?

If it's true - I guess I'm not sleeping much tonight :p

According to this:

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/19...-ahead-of-staggered-iphone-5s-order-launches/

Other markets will see similar overnight launches for online orders, with Apple having informed UK customers that orders would begin at 12:01 AM British Summer Time and U.S. customers that orders would begin at 12:01 AM Pacific Time.

Of course this is all based on their web servers not having a cataclysmic career ending dump at midnight. :D

Soldato
The order time being 8am is just here-say.

Apple Stores will typically open at their normal hours, but will obviously have lots of staff around earlier to be ready and manage the queues. The majority of Apple Stores will open at 9am, however the Trafford Centre store is inside a shopping centre which doesn't open to the public until 10am.

They aren't going to let people queue up inside a shopping centre that isn't open for many reasons. I'm sure there will be a queue formed outside somewhere there though.

Apple Retail Stores are opening at 8am.

Sorry if this has already been posted but there seems to have been some confusion here. Either way, my recommendation would be to order online and simply wait it out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone found any high res pics of the iPhone 5S in all three colours?

I think I've decided on the Silver/White (I currently have the Black/Slate), but still not 100% :p

Back
Top Bottom