*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
TBH the 2 Sony chose for PS+ were the two I was most interested in, outside of all the F2P and PS3/PSVita conversions. I need to spend more time looking tbh as I quite bored talking about the AAA stuff, especially the sequels...

@eyetrip - I dont think there are but I havent gone out of my way to check!

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
So rather than cancelling my PS4 pre-order due to certain games being delayed I have decided to swap it. Now I'm just getting Killzone and Knack.
I've heard mixed things about Knack, I'm hoping it's going to be good, I know I'll enjoy Killzone.

Soldato
Soldato
So rather than cancelling my PS4 pre-order due to certain games being delayed I have decided to swap it. Now I'm just getting Killzone and Knack.
I've heard mixed things about Knack, I'm hoping it's going to be good, I know I'll enjoy Killzone.

Knack looks to be one of the games where you need to turn the difficulty up to really transform it.

Soldato
Well, I have been umming an ahhing over whether to keep or cancel my pre-order due to financial reasons, but have decided to stick with and enjoy the ride, as it's the first time I have ever gotten a console on release. And I need something to pick up my spirits :(

I'll sell some stuff to fund it. So, can get fully on-board now and enjoy the hype (and controversy), and hope things don't go totally pear shaped on me in the next month!

Soldato
OP
They were having performance issues, mainly due to lack of CPU power i believe

Its not the lack of CPU power.

The main reason is that the main gameplay thread is single thread. They are trying to rework that thread into mutliple threads for the 8 cores.

Once they have redesigned the engine and split the thread, then they can use that engine for the PC. This will directly benefit AMD PC users where the CPU favours multple threads, rather than the single threads of the Intel CPUs.

Soldato
Its not the lack of CPU power.

The main reason is that the main gameplay thread is single thread. They are trying to rework that thread into mutliple threads for the 8 cores.

Once they have redesigned the engine and split the thread, then they can use that engine for the PC. This will directly benefit AMD PC users where the CPU favours multple threads, rather than the single threads of the Intel CPUs.

Ah yes that was it, knew it was something to do with the CPU but couldn't remember exactly what!

Anyway time for some Killzone Next Gen Gif Goodness

kz1.gif

axpuhp.gif

iBAQRvgSfTh94.gif

a15umf.gif

Soldato
I still have concerns over the gameplay based on the rest of the series though.

May I ask why?

I found Killzone to have great gameplay, just a cliche story. The controls are much heavier than COD/BF/Halo which I personally prefer as it doesn't feel too much like a twitch shooter.

The graphics are excellent (from Killzone 2 onwards), considering when Killzone 2 was released, there were few games that could match it.

It is also the best game you can currently get on the Vita (doesn't mean too much I know compared to the vita's previous games, but it's graphics and gameplay are brilliant)

At the end of the day though, it's a first person shooter. There isn't much to differentiate it from other games that share the same main feature.

Caporegime
I just think they've always been a fairly average shooter with nothing special about them. I think the only reason I even played 2 is because it had co-op, solo it would have been a 6/10 experience at best imo.

Halo really isn't a twitch shooter.

Associate
That is odd, I didn't think it was that demanding on PC!

Killzone looks stunning, I still have concerns over the gameplay based on the rest of the series though.

It's a far cry from the previous Killzone games which were enter room, kill waves of bad guys to move on. Now you have multiple paths, your owl can distract and stun, hell you can even stealth past enemies and ignore them. The game looks fairly tactical now, cameras and civilians give away your position which makes you think about your approach.

Caporegime
It's the classic lack of launch titles and an average game series (in my opinion) being praised too much, people will get it and realise it's still the same Killzone experience just with a nicer lick of paint on the top.

Soldato
The controls were not heavy, aka gears but were laggy as hell. Press a button on the pad and wait an age for it to respond on screen. Turn the player on screen and stops a quarter turn after you have let go of the sticks.

It was so bad (lag) I skipped killzone 3 all together. Giving guerrilla a 2nd chance here, any lag this time round won't be buying anymore of their games.

Soldato
I just think they've always been a fairly average shooter with nothing special about them. I think the only reason I even played 2 is because it had co-op, solo it would have been a 6/10 experience at best imo.

Halo really isn't a twitch shooter.

They seemed to have changed quite a lot this time though, the two big issues i hear people speak about with the previous Killzone games are slow/input lag aiming, and boring linear levels.

Both have been fixed in Shadowfall, the aiming is apparently much more responsive and there are large open levels with various routes you can take and multiple ways you can approach situations.

Back
Top Bottom