The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
BF4 designers didn't take HC into account at all, the more realistic argument is a failed one..How realistic is jumping from a 3 meter ledge and opening your parachute. Both SC and HC modes are games, most people prefer Core but some like HC, it's not their fault :D

Soldato
thing is aswell in 8v8 where SC is the leading mode... 95% of ur kills the people haven't even been spotted.. u hardly ever get a chance to spot someone then later kill them while still spotted so its pretty pointless in 8v8.. all its good for is vehicles which then promotes teamplay.. if 3d spotting is off u just press M or look at 2nd monitor for battlescreen to see where the vehicles are.

playstyle is exactly the same.

Soldato
Trying to sort out scrim out against Terrier_Jimlad and his clan mates, if they can do it, it'll be Sunday @ 5pm so OcUK's, we'll need some of you. Conquest, No3d spotting buthopefully 100% health, 3D & regen enabled. Will confirm tomorrow hopefully :D

nexus, mark come play for OcUK mixed team :D

No jet's cos with Westie that's just unfair to everyone, he 2stronk and it means no one else would get a kill :/

Associate
new longest headshot 461.6

God damn distance sniping is frustrating!

Frustrating when they move just after youve lined them up. Realistic targets are usually other snipers or bipod pros.

I increased my longest distance last night to 1165 metres on Silk Road :D Took 4 shots to do though as the range finder said only 965 so the first couple dropped short , the third was over and the 4th boom.. have that

Associate
Not being funny, if your getting those type of shots, the person you are shooting is clearly standing still for far too long :p

Of course they are hence why i said the targets are usually other snipers and bipoders :p

I dont just long range snipe though i do the 300-500 range too. Easy kills when people are fannying about dropping mines or switching weapons or just standing there using mavs or mortars etc etc Get lots of kill assists by just winging people

Last edited:
Soldato
You don't get battlescreen on hardcore do you? Tried it before on the second screen and nothing came up so I assumed they disabled it.

The main things I can't stand about SC is the mini map on your screen showing all spotted players and regenerating health. It just feels so cheap/easy mode how in under a second you can know there is a squad on the other side of a wall and get kills from it by putting a tank shell through it. If it just showed blips for weapon shots or enemies that have been tagged by the commander then it wouldn't be so bad.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Nope cant see any patch notes either.... But i did just notice there was a 'Zero-downtime Update to Battlelog on Jan 14 2014' - If you missed it....
ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- The Battlelog plugin will now automatically update whenever a new version of it is released, which should make it a lot faster, smoother and less error prone to keep the plugin up-to-date.
- The Premium calendar has now been removed from the Battlefield 3 sections, as no new events will occur for BF3 Premium
- We will be rolling out Live Scoreboard on Battlelog for console servers during the week

FEATURES/IMPROVEMENTS:
- Added a Facebook friend finder, so you can find other users on Battlelog via your list of Facebook friends
- You can now remove friends directly from the profile page (click the icon with an exclamation mark)
- Improvements to game queue handling on PC
- Implemented an anti-spam mechanic, so you can only post once pr. 30 seconds in forums
- Adjusted the zoom sensitivity in Geo Leaderboards when switching from City to Country, and Country to World

FIXES:
- Fixed an issue where a user could try to report or block themselves in Battle Reports
- Assignment requirement and criteria completion is now shown correctly in the in-game Battlelog on PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- We no longer automatically link to the Store on the BF4 section if you already own BF4
- Fixed an issue where some assignments didn't correctly track requirements and criteria
- Fixed an issue where avatars sometimes failed to load in the in-game Battlelog on Xbox One
- Fixed an issue where the server info page didn't display the correct expansions
- Fixed an issue where BattleScreen would also automatically launch when starting to play singleplayer
- Fixed an issue where the Custom Region filter in Server Browser would get unchecked (more fixes/improvements coming for this!)
- Fixed an issue where game servers running expansion maps/modes wouldn't show the platform correctly
- Fixed issues where your tracked items and suggestions would sometimes be reset when using the mobile app
- Various fixes for the Leaderboards tab in the in-game Battlelog on PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- Various tweaks and fixes for the Tablet Commander menu
- Various tweaks and fixes for our Facebook integration
- Various fixes for Live Scoreboard
- Various minor fixes
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065223267419318/

Associate
Maybe it's because I used to play BF1942 so much but I always thought Health regen was a bit of a cheat/easy mode. But I guess with the way the game is designed now unless you are running with a med kit you'll be at a huge disadvantage playing any other setup if health regen was off.

Soldato
I recently started playing BF4 that came with my gfx. The game is just so unstable, has it always been like this? I have to play it on medium settings with no anti aliasing etc and still the game .exe stops responding :(

PC spec:
R9 290
16Gb ram
3770k @4.2Ghz
SSD

Is my PC under spec or is the game still too buggy?

Soldato
I recently started playing BF4 that came with my gfx. The game is just so unstable, has it always been like this? I have to play it on medium settings with no anti aliasing etc and still the game .exe stops responding :(

PC spec:
R9 290
16Gb ram
3770k @4.2Ghz
SSD

Lol, I certainly wouldn't expect your PC to be under spec.

Soldato

PC spec:
R9 290
16Gb ram
3770k @4.2Ghz
SSD

Sadly yes.

Try removing any overclocks, BF4 is very sensitive to both CPU and GPU overclocks. Even if they are stable with stress tests such as Prime and fullmark.

Associate
Joe, if you (or either team for that matter) are in need of players for Sunday let me know.

I'm sure a few of the TFU lads would be happy to join in.

Not played a competitive match since before christmas, feeling the itch!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Download PBsetup.exe fro the Puckbuster website and run it.

e: http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

For best results, users should create a folder on the hard drive to hold PBSetup and the various files that it will create and use during operation. PBSetup should be downloaded directly into the folder or moved into the folder after downloading to the desktop but before running PBSetup for the first time
Do that, can add a start menu shortcut if you like. then you can run it quickly from the start menu when and if you need. Its what i do, simple and quick. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom