** 6 Nations 2014**

Caporegime
I notice Philippe Saint-André has dropped Picamoles because of his sarcastic hand clap and thumbs up to Rolland when he was given a yellow card.

Bloody good on Saint-André I say, it's a brave decision and sends a strong message to his other players, it's something we don't want to see in the game and definitely an example that wendy ball managers could learn from ;)

Just read this now - it's fantastic news.

Soldato
OP
Have always liked Saint-Andre from his playing days but this takes him up a notch in my estimations...what a call for world rugby, complete respect. Football should take heed of this.

Soldato
As a big fan of both sports, I can't understand why rugby fans are so obsessed with football's moral standards. I think it's great that rugby players (on the whole) treat the referee with respect. However, how many players get away with more dangerous foul play on a weekly basis though (high tackles, cheap shots in rucks/mauls etc)? Would I rather be on the receiving end of some naughty words from an 18st, 6ft+ beast or a swinging forearm to the face? Hmm, let me give that a think.

Good on Saint-Andre all the same.

tbh

tbh

Associate
and yet England are still favourites with the bookies :confused:

All that really tells you is that many people are putting money on England, which is probably to be expected given the respective populations of the nations involved.

Soldato
Only the one expected change for England, Ben Morgan starts for BV and Tom Johnson brought onto the bench.

I do worry for England's front row on Sunday but with injuries as they are we don't have any real choice although I might have been tempted to start with Mako rather than Marler as I think Marls is going to be targeted big time.

Man of Honour
I'm mildly disappointed that Scotland didn't quite manage to hold on but fairly happy that I can say Scotland at least matched, if not bettered, France for the vast majority of the match and the performance was encouraging. If you'd offered me that result before the match then I think I'd have taken it happily.

I'm not convinced that there was downward pressure from a French hand (or finger) but if there's another replay I'd be interested to see it in case I missed something at the time, the decision looked pretty tricky to me and it was certainly a bit fortuitous for Hogg to steal in.

Soldato
Absolutely bricking todays game!

Two players I fear the most are Mike Brown (phenomenal with ball in hand) and Rhys Priestland (they guy who is going to give Mike Brown the ball!) :(

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Haha, good point. Wales are a massive unit and if they are on fire will still win regardless of any home advantage.

Need england to play like they did against the kiwis, or wales to have an off day to get the victory on this fixture.

Either way hopefully will display some awesome rugby. Just hope Mike Phillips gets chinned if he acts like a buffoon again, definitely lets the side down that guy!

Soldato
Haha, good point. Wales are a massive unit and if they are on fire will still win regardless of any home advantage.

Need england to play like they did against the kiwis, or wales to have an off day to get the victory on this fixture.

Either way hopefully will display some awesome rugby. Just hope Mike Phillips gets chinned if he acts like a buffoon again, definitely lets the side down that guy!

Agreed... Mikey needs to calm his **** (he took it too far in the Ireland game). So glad Rhys Webb is starting.

I disagree with the home advantage though... Wales would have beaten anyone on that day in that stadium last year. I've never heard the stadium so loud in the 20+ times that I've been!!! Home advantage is massive... Wales need to be composed though... strong defence, no penalties and show that they can go to Twickers and win (if we are to get out of the group stage in the world cup we need to run england close to the end of the game)

Back
Top Bottom