What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
went from this
Z2280198.JPG
to this
Z2280203.JPG
:cool: mucho improvement and adds 5kw of powar

Soldato
Started unbolting things from the mx5 to fit ther ollbar tomorrow.

Also replaced a couple of droplinks yesterday

Hi there - yours is a MK1 MX5 if I'm not mistaken? 1993 on a J Plate?

Just wondering how you found the fit on the after market clear indicator lens kit suited your car? I'm really disappointed in mine especially considering the price they cost. Thinking on spraying the OEM ones black and refitting them. :(

Soldato
tightened a driveshaft bolt that had came loose at gearbox end and was noticed when i heard it rattling about at many many rpm's :eek:

while wheel was off to gain access i decided to paint my front calipers and clean under front arches which now look like new .

then i just bought these :D
qi72.jpg

Soldato
New wheels/tyre on for the summer - Rota Force 17x8, with Advan AD08R tyres, custom Mazda logo centre caps.

More pics when I get chance and actually take the car for a drive somewhere decent to photograph, I know these are pretty crap, was in a rush to swap the wheels over before the Rugby. Let the black wheel hate commence!

urGs9Rn.jpg

V7X2qRT.jpg

mzQEPm7.jpg

Removed the charcoal canister from my 1.6 MX5.
It collects VOC from the fuel tank, which it periodically purges to the intake manifold via a solenoid.
It really does bugger all - Merely some old fashioned environment effort. At 22 years old and ~110,000 miles the charcoal will be spent anyway.
The engine bay looks a little tidier. The best part is that even though I dropped a screwdriver bit, I can now get my arm right down to the bottom of the engine bay to reach it!
I think overall I only saved ~1kg absolute maximum.
The best mod for my MX5 is me currently losing weight as this is the most effective way of gaining performance! Oh and losing the A/C but that is a bigger job for another day.

V

Last edited:
Associate
Fitted my head onto my new high compression engine with new head gasket and then fitted the intake manifold with new gasket. Specs of new engine are:

10:5:1 flat top pistons
256 8.5 cams
port polish, flow etc

into a 1.6 mx-5.

Associate
Fitted a new coil pack & bracket on saturday (Mr2 Turbo), took the old one out in about 10 mins and felt very smug, then spent an hour fitting the new one with much scrapge of arms, that wiped the smile off my face.

Then proceeded to clean it for the first time in about a year yesterday and decided to do the full works.
Snow foamed & gave the unerside a good spray.
Washed (had to go through about 5 bucket changes as it was so bloody filthy).
Clayed.
Washed again.
Applied poorboys black hole (it was getting dark at this point) buffing it off properly required the use of a torch).
Then finally waxed the bugger (much torch useage here).

Neighbours must have thought i was mental, started at about 12.30pm and finished at 20.30, i was getting seriously bored by the end and just wanted it to be over.

Realised i'd forgotten to wax the wheels this morning despite claying them so just quickly sprayed some autoglym wheel sealant all over, didn't even have time to buff it off.

Back
Top Bottom