1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your car today?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mattyprice4004, Dec 24, 2012.

1. mattyprice4004

Soldato

After the locking of the 'This instant and moment' thread, I thought it'd be nice to have a place where the home mechanics / modifiers of cars on OcUK could post up what they've fixed or added to their pride and joy.

Today I've given my car a good check over regarding suspension bushes and related parts, and have ordered new rear discs and pads, a pair of front springs and a new tyre.

I plan to spend part of tomorrow cleaning the filthy thing out - it's a total tip at the moment.

So, OcUK - what have you done to your car today?

2. phil675

Mobster

Sworn at it after smacking my head on the door frame twice while installing the baby seat mod.

3. rexehuk

Mobster

Put it up for sale, well amended the ad. Sad times :(

4. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Just a bit of a polish whilst my dad admires the clean, shining engine following my day of wd40, paint brush, microfibre cloth method - works a treat :)

5. Lashout_UK

Capodecina

Fiero's sun roof appears to leak intermittently, so after the downpour last night the roof lining was a bit wet. Seems they didn't have factory drain holes in '84 but there's a service bulletin showing where they need to be drilled. Appears an easy fix but a bit of a pain. Not checked if mine's already got them, mind...

The Firebird's sat under cover at the moment but I'm still really undecided what to do with it. Did have a look today just to make sure it was dry though. Booked in for a full day of rolling road tuning next week though, so it'll be interesting to see what the results are.

Idly been browsing the classifieds today for ZR1s, Maserati 3200s, other M5s, few Supras... Few things have interested me.

6. Vita

Capodecina

Supra :cool: Do it!

I've been at the classifieds looking for a nice clean example of cars recommended to me on here.

My car seems to be fine at the moment.

7. Eliot

Soldato

Not a lot really just fitted some Xsara mist washer jets (massive improvement)
    Removed bonnet soundproofing and replaced a relay that fixed the rear heated screen and heated mirrors

8. loltim

Capodecina

nothing today, replaced the heater blower resistor and main relay at the weekend though.

up next: paint rocker cover and spark plug cover.

9. King Damager

Capodecina

Today? Let it have a break from driving xD

I did swear at it the other day mind... A lot.

Somehow, as I got into the car I managed to scrape my ear on the top lip of the door...

Thought I'd ripped it off...

kd

10. The1nonly1

Suspended

Nothing. Ive been at work plus its raining. Hopefully ill have my new LED sidelights at the weekend, so ill install them.

11. geekman

Mobster

Replaced the crappy old tax disk holder, cleaned the windscreen and managed to get the two rear seats stuck in the open position. Currently trying to work out the best way to mount a camera on the dash.

12. West

Sgarrista

Sang to it driving into work.

13. Draeger

Capodecina

I drove the 4007 to Tescos and back whilst marvelling at about a million idiots on the roads who all appeared to have 'last minute Xmas shopping rage'. Then when I got back I looked at the car and thought 'Jesus, it needs a good wash'.

That's how I roll, yo.

14. Hades

Capodecina

I checked the oil in the Golf (it was fine), and put the Corrado battery on charge as it's flat having not used it in a while.

15. Housey

Man of Honour

Drifted it......everywhere

16. Berger

Sgarrista

Nothing, it's sat in the Sydney airport multi-storey car park, which is miles better than the one in Manchester.

17. GeForce

Mobster

I fixed my mats to the floor so they stop creeping up behind the pedals :)

18. LeMson

Wise Guy

Drove to work, worked a bit, then drove home. :D

19. Saytan

Mobster

walked past it twice with my bike on my way to and from work

20. Muffin`

Caporegime

Checked it was still there.