• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FX8350 Overclocking FSB vs Multiplier

Associate
OP
1.6 is pushing it though as someone mentioned a bit too far. :)

AMD will leave a tolerance on there chips they won't be near the max voltage at stock.
FX8350 is stock 1.45v and people push this safely 24/7 @ 1.55v

To be honest I have been emailing AMD regarding the upgrade and even they cannot give a good reason to do so. I think I will stick with my FX8350 shame I thought AMD were finally pulling there finger out.

Not just with the CPUs but drivers, from what I understand AMD has not yet implemented Raid0 trim support for SSDs

Associate
I agree with the general consensus of staying on 8350.
Now I read everywhere that stock voltage is around 1.4 however, mine is 1.296, 1.3 max. I've got it at 4.5ghz stable though so I'm not worried but I just findit curious. Also, sometimes, when I apply my OC, I get issues with my usb ports. Any ideas?

Associate
Does seem odd, but I suppose as the 83xx series gets older, they improve manufacturing processes, silicon gets better and better chance of getting better chips? hence Lower stock voltage. Who knows :D

Never had that problem myself. They work perfectly when OC not applied?

Associate
OP
Does seem odd, but I suppose as the 83xx series gets older, they improve manufacturing processes, silicon gets better and better chance of getting better chips? hence Lower stock voltage. Who knows :D

What voltage are you using for 4.82?

I use 1.47v for 4.7Ghz

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Here is Realbench 2 score when @ 4.58Ghz (254 Bus):

RealB2-fsb-254.PNG

Have we a RealBench 2 thread? Will take a look.

Associate

Yes everything works fine at stock. Even with the oc, I get a message telling me that my usb device is not recognized but everything works fine. I still get an on/ off/ on cycle when I turn it on but everything is fine and stable otherwise.

Associate
How odd. Fraid I have nothing in the old memory banks to help.

Just fiddling around with ccc idly, has anyone fiddled with cpu overdrive? If so, does it work?

Associate
OP
How odd. Fraid I have nothing in the old memory banks to help.

Just fiddling around with ccc idly, has anyone fiddled with cpu overdrive? If so, does it work?

I find overdrive usless.

Also auto overdrive on the CPU goes to high without enough voltage mine went to over 6GHZ with 1.47V apparently? To the point it locked up but the worst thing is it automatically applies the OC on startup so you end up with constant crashes until you enter safe mode

Associate
1.425V for 4.7 GHz my FX-9590

Delta of VID must be similar for low and high leakage and max Coretemp temps around 65 C in load (for shorter time up to 70 - example for some benchmark test with higher voltage and clocks)
Ussually, most of FX is OK with 1.5 V in load (LLC high or ultra high, no extreme) and with highend aircooler as NHD14 or Phanteks or H80/H100 allinone

Soldato
Pic still isnt working for me...

My realbench score is 64998 with a fsb of 260

Is the pic working for anyone else? I can see it but maybe 'cos it's linked to my account.

There was a lad on here I think Panos (who recently sold his rig and went to i7) that managed to let the software overclock doing it's thing. It isn't perfect though. I am just re-reading some old articles as I am sure the odd setting makes a hugh difference in stability. Some of the basic youtube 'guides' are pretty useless.

Soldato
1.425V for 4.7 GHz my FX-9590

Delta of VID must be similar for low and high leakage and max Coretemp temps around 65 C in load (for shorter time up to 70 - example for some benchmark test with higher voltage and clocks)
Ussually, most of FX is OK with 1.5 V in load (LLC high or ultra high, no extreme) and with highend aircooler as NHD14 or Phanteks or H80/H100 allinone

You own all those rigs in your sig Flanker? :O

Back
Top Bottom