2012 mac book pro wont start

Associate
quick question. I have a 2012 mac book pro that has developed an issue. to start off with it did get a small amount of rain on it whilst it was closed, this may or may not be a factor. The mac hasn't been used for about 4 weeks, I've tried to turn it on and it wont power on. If I disconnect the battery and then reconnect then it starts up but the keyboard / mouse doesn't work (does with USB). If I power it up and then turn it off it refuses to repost without the battery being disconnected. Any ideas? I don't want to go through insurance atm as the excess is £200

Soldato
If it boots Sh*g it, if it doesnt sh*g it till it does.

...sorry couldn't resist :D

Sound like the liquid may have caused an issue there. Very peculiar issues otherwise. Try with another charger if you have one to hand, also try booting in recovery mode, and reset the PRAM.

Associate
OP
the home insurance are saying its not covered as i didnt declare i had a laptop or smartphone in the house and this is a add on policy !! wtf??

I also didnt. declare that i have a washer, sofa and carpet either so what am i covered for?

i've emailed them that question

Associate
the home insurance are saying its not covered as i didnt declare i had a laptop or smartphone in the house and this is a add on policy !! wtf??

I also didnt. declare that i have a washer, sofa and carpet either so what am i covered for?

i've emailed them that question

That sounds like BS to me. I've not declared my MBP, but have had to claim for it twice now without issue.

Back
Top Bottom