Just built my first rig, looking for recommendations

Associate
I have just built my first ever pc, I know a few titles I want to play bf4 and dayz being at the top of my list.

Are there any games you think I should try I may not of heard of, I quite like the look of guild wars and being I've played only console for last few years iv not really experienced mmo's or rts games!

Soldato
I'll try and stick to games you either wouldn't have heard of, or games you might not have thought of playing due to their genre, otherwise this list would be a mile long. Also I'm sure a million people will be recommending the more well known stuff

- Antichamber
- FTL: Faster than light
- Kerbal space program
- Papers please
- Prison architect
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (make sure you use the complete mod when you play any of the three stalker games for the first time)
- Thomas was alone

Also, these are some games I haven't played (yet) that I really liked the look of:
- Hack 'n' slash
- Space Engineers
- The Stanley parable
- Trials Evolution

Permabanned
Are you looking for games that will show off your pc's capabilities?

Skyrim with mods
The Witcher 2
Crysis series
STALKER with mods
ARMA 3

...should keep you busy for a while ;)

Fallout New Vegas is far superior to 3 :p
Half Life you've probably missed out on then, play the entire series.
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Dark Souls 1/2 on PC is great, especially with all the mod fixes.
Metro Last Light
Try some strategy games if your are interested in those sorts of games, such as Civ 5, Company of Heroes, Tropico, Total War, X-Com, and Supreme Commander.

...and you need to play Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. :D

Hold out till the Steam Summer Sale though, hopefully it's not too far off. You'll be able to pick up most of the games listed in this thread for a much cheaper price than usual.

Associate
Killing Floor
Team Fortress 2
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
Jade Empire
CastleStorm
Bully Scholarship Edition
Natural Selection 2
Project Zomboid
System Shock 2 (Mods Needed)

Just a few i can name.

ADT

ADT

Associate
Download steam and look at the most popular games on there. To start you off get the Half Life series and Counter strike

Associate
OP
And you shouldn't have bought a pc to play Dayz, its very meh.

lol it wasn't just for that I just like the look of it and games like it that I can play on console. I did a lot of pc gaming in my teens and miss playing mmos and rts games plus I love the accuracy on fps with a mouse. Another reason was I burned my money in November on a ps4 and there are no games at all on it or in the near future.

Associate
You'll realise that I like racing games from this post ;)

If you too like racing games / the idea of racing games, get yourself a wheel and pedals and enjoy Assetto Corsa (on Steam). It's slowly getting towards v1.0 and with great handling, graphics, selection of cars (still growing) and recently implemented multiplayer it's sucking up a lot of my gaming time.

Another racing game in development but with early access is Next Car Game (continuation of the Bugbear Flatout series) and very promising so far.

http://youtu.be/NgQKtqzAbso

I'm also keeping my eye on Elite: Dangerous and getting more and more tempted to purchase Premium Beta @ £100 :eek:

Back
Top Bottom