• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2nd hand R9 280x - games crashing

Associate
Need some help. It's a Gigabyte R9 280x bought 2nd hand from a member on here. Plugged the 6 and 8 pin powers in. (pc power and cooling 750w) Run display driver uninstaller and then installed catalyst. Any game I try stops responding within seconds.

Any ideas?

Associate
Need some help. It's a Gigabyte R9 280x bought 2nd hand from a member on here. Plugged the 6 and 8 pin powers in. (pc power and cooling 750w) Run display driver uninstaller and then installed catalyst. Any game I try stops responding within seconds.

Any ideas?

I have a similar issue.

Gigabyte R9 280X drivers crashing.

Download MSI afterburner and lower the clock from 1100 to 1050 or around that amount and test. If it still crashes go 50 lower and test again. Could be an unstable overclock as I think these are factor OC'd. I run mine at 1049 and it never crashes, however when I forget to drop it, it will certainly crash within the hour. Still unsure whether to return it or not!

Associate
OP
I have a similar issue.

Gigabyte R9 280X drivers crashing.

Download MSI afterburner and lower the clock from 1100 to 1050 or around that amount and test. If it still crashes go 50 lower and test again. Could be an unstable overclock as I think these are factor OC'd. I run mine at 1049 and it never crashes, however when I forget to drop it, it will certainly crash within the hour. Still unsure whether to return it or not!

My core clock is listed as 1000 and memory at 1500

Associate
OP
Last mother board bios update is listed in 2011 and it was a beta one so I'm not sure I want to even try that.

The box says the card is GV-R928XOC-3GD (rev. 2.0)

Associate
Last mother board bios update is listed in 2011 and it was a beta one so I'm not sure I want to even try that.

The box says the card is GV-R928XOC-3GD (rev. 2.0)

I wouldn't use the beta drivers no. Just make sure it's updated to the latest 'stable' release.

Same as mine then, it's listed as core clock of 1000 but a boost to 1100.

Install MSI afterburner and look at the clock when you load up games see if you notice a pattern. Then try lowering the clock by 50 and see if the same thing happens. I only suggest this as it's a common problem with this make and model of card.

Associate
OP
I think I've fixed it. Just flashed the card bios to the latest F13 and I've had a complete round of titanfall without issue.

Back
Top Bottom