Have you been to a school reunion?

Soldato
Have you been to a reunion, I see my year has one coming up, been quite a long time since left school and I doubt I would have much to say, bit tempting though I have to say. As I left school before the interwebs was really a big deal, reunions were the in thing but I assume its a dying idea as we have social media to keep in touch. It would just be another night I suppose, couple of drinks and bit of chat, I really think my memory has passed the stage where I really remember that much so could be like being in the company of a bunch of strangers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Never. School classmates were always idiots; college friends turned sour; uni fellow students gone our own separate ways. The only people from my past whom I maintain contact with, I already do over FB (and there's only about 2-3!).

Some may frown upon it, but I find it quite therapeutic to move on and leave the past behind.
If you're only after catching up, then a quick LinkedIn/Facebook search can tell you all you need, if you were *that* bothered in the first place.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hated school and a load of the people I had the misfortune to encounter there so no way. I've had past schoolmates try to add me on social media sites but just ignore all the requests. :p

Soldato
I hated secondary school but was recently invited to a reunion, I declined but had a look at some of the potential attendees, most of the women were the size of buses as were the men, those select few men that weren't grossly overweight were as bald as a coot. As it turned out, 3 people turned up, glad I missed it.

Soldato
Last time I bumped into a few people from my school year I was amazed at how old they all looked (I'm hardly a spring chicken at 29 but these people looked 45).

I'm not sure I'd go to a reunion, then again I went to a pretty terrible school in a bad area so that may be part of the reason why.

Man of Honour
I did as I was curious. It was a good 6 years ago that we did our 10 year leavers reunion - it was actually quite nice, a lot of people have developed into decent people rather than still being ignorant little gits.

Associate
Yeah - to me it's a very American concept. They seem to do a lot of living int he past and romanticising old times. Unless you're still mates with a bunch of school friends I'd give it a miss.

Man of Honour
The one's I wanted to keep in contact with I still meet up for a beer with when I go home, there's a reason I haven't kept in contact with the rest so I don't really see the point.

Soldato
Went to a 10 year one, and then organised one myself for the 20 year one. Both were good fun, would highly recommend it.

I think its probably a bit different now with facebook and the like, you keep in touch or have the ability to in a way you never used to, the 10 year one was stranger as no one had been in touch at all for 10 years, while by the next one everyone was friends online.

Back
Top Bottom