Guardians of the Galaxy

Associate
I went to see this the other week and felt strangely unmoved by it. I enjoyed the humour and locations etc but just felt meh. Maybe it was the mood I was in. I think the last Marvel film I saw before this was the last Thor and I enjoyed that a lot more. *Shrugs* :).

Associate
6/10

Just saw it in 3d ... First off Im 42 and love the other super hero movies; xmen, avengers etc ...

This movie to me is made more for kids (although a bit of swearing in it). Sure kept me occupied with action etc ... but a bit too kiddish for me.

Soldato
Saw this on Saturday night....as most on here I loved it. The soundtrack really topped it off for me....actually brilliant! So much so that I've been wondering what we might hear on Awesome Mix Vol. 2 besides I Want You Back by Jackson 5.

Sticking with the 70's theme I can see T-Rex - Bang a Gong, Foghat - Slow Ride and possibly Chicago - If you Leave Me Now fitting in quite nicely. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Soldato
Saw this on Saturday night....as most on here I loved it. The soundtrack really topped it off for me....actually brilliant! So much so that I've been wondering what we might hear on Awesome Mix Vol. 2 besides I Want You Back by Jackson 5.

Sticking with the 70's theme I can see T-Rex - Bang a Gong, Foghat - Slow Ride and possibly Chicago - If you Leave Me Now fitting in quite nicely. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

There are loads of threads online about this, but ultimately if GotG2 follows an identical formula to the first then Gunn picked those specific songs for specific scenes - so until they're written it's just going to be guess work. There are some good made up mix tapes though - we will rue the day he comes back to Earth and gets a broadband connection and Spotify account (while Gamora goes in search of the famous hero Kevin Bacon).

Soldato
Seeing it tonight with nephew :) Cineworld do cheaper tickets on tuesdays, about £2.40 less than normal, plus cheaper still with 'mycineworld'. I also got an email offering a free regular drink and popcorn for online booking. So, Imax, popcorn and drink for £11. Not too bad!

Soldato
Very good! Very entertaining, amazing special effects, great soundtrack and some decent comedy, the funniest bit for me being
Groot slapping those baddies left and right then that look on his face as he turns round :D

Having said all that, fun as it was, it's not a movie I'd particularly watch again like I would say batman, superman, king kong or jurassic park. I find a lot of today's superhero/sci-fi movies are great once but are ultimately forgettable.

Soldato
Great film, topped off by the post credits clip, which quite frankly made me whoop!

You gotta love Howard the Duck!

hahah loved that bit, Nearly everyone else in the cinema was like we waited for that who?!?!

Me & my friend just burst out laughing saying wahooooooooooo :D

Watched it at the new Telford IMAX 3D, I thought the 3D was really well done & I usually think it is just a gimmick. It was a brilliant film though in my opinion. Thought Diesel did a good job as Groot with the limited vocab!

Rocket is the star though :D

It is probably my favourite Marvel film to date.

Soldato
Best of the Marvel movies by a country mile. Funny with plenty of heart. It's like a great 80s movie done with modern effects.

Soldato
BwTqOqGIYAAb1dj.jpg

Qwertee from last week. :D

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Yeah absolutely loved it. Watched 3 times. :D

GOG - grossed 320 million and not even opened worldwide yet.

hope Cosmo has more of a active role in the next one

Back
Top Bottom