Are you overweight?

Soldato
It's not perfect, I never said it was, but BMI + Body Fat gives a very telling picture.

And for the majority of people, since most people are not at the extremes of body build BMI is more than suitable, that doesn't mean that being a healthy BMI with a beer belly is "healthy" that is ludicrous.

But, in my experience, the only people who say that BMI is ********, are the fat people trying to make themselves feel better.

Like I said, I'm 5ft 11. 14st 10. ~28 on the BMI scale. Well into the overweight.

lgmeTe3.jpeg.png

Yep I am trying to make myself feel better.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm 5'10 and about a year ago I was pushing 13 stone which is way too heavy for me. Been doing regular 3.5 mile runs since then and lost over a stone. My bmi is smack bang in the middle of the healthy band now :)

Soldato
5'9" I think, may be 6', It's been a few years. Just weighed now, 12 stone on the dot at 24. I have been getting a little belly I want rid of, Gym Membership for a year is £140 so I will taking that option. Not muscly really, Pecs are the most visible atm.

Soldato
No, I'm slim/lean.

5'10" with a 30-32" waist, 11 stone or there about.

I eat well and exercise 4/5 nights a week with weights. Saying that, a few years ago I never worked out and ate what I wanted, and was still considered slim.

5'9" I think, may be 6', It's been a few years.

5'9" and 6' are somewhat different :p

Associate
How much would you pay for a pill that you could take in the morning and after consuming XXXX amount of calories it told your body not to digest anymore food and just **** it out.

That'd be win.

Soldato
36" generally - but then they're baggy around the waist and look daft :(

The joys of living a healthy lifestyle - you either have to be thin like a rake, or fat to find clothes that fit :p

Is it healthy to have a body like a gorilla? Humans are endurance animals; built for running long distances better than almost any other mammal.

I actually don't know the answer, but intuitively I would think that it's not good for your heart and digestion (higher calorie intake) to be so heavily muscled.

Caporegime
How much would you pay for a pill that you could take in the morning and after consuming XXXX amount of calories it told your body not to digest anymore food and just **** it out.

That'd be win.

Oh yeah, I'd love to **** out mushed up undigested food... Chilli Con Carne, crunchy nut granola, I'm sure that would feel grand. :p

"Are you alright in there?!"

"NO! I DIDN'T CHEW MY DINNER ENOUGH AND IT HURTS!"

Soldato

That'd be win.

That'd be lose.

Suffering with Ulcerative Colitis, having to go to the toilet any more than I have to would be an even greater pain!

Is it healthy to have a body like a gorilla? Humans are endurance animals; built for running long distances better than almost any other mammal.

I actually don't know the answer, but intuitively I would think that it's not good for your heart and digestion (higher calorie intake) to be so heavily muscled.

Normally the higher intake is by way of protein, which is good for the digestive system I believe.

Endurance can also come in the form of weight lifting though?

I get what you're saying though. But we've evolved to the point where we are designed to be able to endure for longer periods. Does that mean we have to stay that way? Being well built doesn't seem to greatly deter people from living long, healthy lives. Quite the opposite from what I know.

Last edited:
Soldato

That'd be win.

Not so sure I'd like to be dumping out a varied mash of chewed, undigested food, though. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom