• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Caporegime
If the iPhone doesn't drop below RRP then you have to assume that it's because they can shift them in huge quantities still at those prices, in a way that Android OEMs can't.

I'm biased obviously but whenever I see a non-iPhone or non-iPad being launched at the same price as the Apple equivalent I wonder what the point is. If people have Apple money then they buy Apple.

Soldato
Wow, interesting tactic to just disregard totally comparable alternatives because they aren't as popular! They out spec the iPhone in both hardware and design, at a cheaper price point. It's irrelevant if people buy them or not, to the argument that they show that Apple are overpriced when compared to similar android handsets.

What's the justification for your 2nd paragraph? 32gb in one phone is the same either way. There's no detriment to performance by expanding the available memory via card.

Soldato
Perhaps the key here is that we're approaching this from different angles. iPhones are overpriced from a hardware/design perspective, however it appears this is accepted due to the intangible value that is attributed to the brand and the ecosystem.

Either way, the physical products in store recently show that android manufacturers have now surpassed Apple on the hardware side, as demonstrated in their ever increasing market share.

Last edited:
Caporegime
That's fundamentally it, I don't place as much value on the RAM or CPU in my phone as I do the end result of it powering the phone OS.

If I unboxed and setup a Galaxy S5 from scratch, and then a week later I lost it, what exists in that product to allow me to restore a backup of the missing S5 to a new one - including all apps, messages, settings etc?

SD cards on Android aren't the same as internal memory. If you're recording video and the memory fills up then it doesn't automatically continue onto the card. You can't store apps on them, etc. The Nexus range removes the slots for a reason - it's relatively slow storage for media, and that's it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, interesting tactic to just disregard totally comparable alternatives because they aren't as popular! They out spec the iPhone in both hardware and design, at a cheaper price point.

Which begs the obvious question: why are you in this thread?

It never ceases to amaze how people seem determined to argue the toss over whether A is better than B in these situations because usually, it's not a case of which is better in regards to some abitrary statistic, but rather which people prefer.

People in here prefer iPhones. That's why they're buying them.

Caporegime
Any idea if iPhone 5s contract prices will come down much now? I need unlimited data as I use the data connection in work and the only network that offers that for a reasonable price is Three. Showing a 16GB 5s on their website as £38 a month which is what I'm already paying. I can't upgrade until November, I was going to plump for an iPhone 6 but after seeing the chart with the processor power when compared to the 5s I don't really see the point.

Man of Honour
I'm going to be coming from a S4 to IP6... the reason I've had it with Samsung is they just feel soulless, like no passion or thought was put into the design. With Apple products you always feel the opposite.. when you hold a Apple device you feel someone actually cared when they designed it. Sure you pay a premium for this feeling, but for something you are going to be holding a lot it's worth it.

I've also had it with Android... it's a mish mash of either clunky plainness of stock Android or miss thought over complication of manufacturer builds. I don't want to spend hours messing around with custom ROMs or spending tons of time trying to get something that works well with customization's. At the age of 43 I want something that works fantastic out of the box and does everything perfectly, iOS delivers this, and life is too short to waste 'playing' with a phone. All Apple haters will also realize this one day ...you get to a age and just say 'ive had enough of this crap' :)

Last edited:
Associate
For people looking to get an EE sim-only to go with your sim-free purchase, Quidco have put the £50 cashback back on but it expires soon ;) - Wasn't working yesterday obviously but all seems fine (ish) now.

Not that they deserve my business after yesterday, but I don't want to be with O2 any more due to signal issues (along with a few other things like that DAMN annoying requests to delete the zero off 0800 numbers before you can call them :p), and EE are the only other network with visual voicemail, so despite their CS rubbishness they've won his one by default.

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Ordered ip6+ at 9.00 am on the 12th from O2 only to get a text to tell me it will be in store on the 7th of October!
Is this the case for everyone?

The launch was at 8am and sold out before the apple store was online properly.

If you ordered at 9am you'll be waiting 3-4 weeks :(

Caporegime
I've also had it with Android... it's a mish mash of either clunky plainness of stock Android or miss thought over complication of manufacturer builds. I don't want to spend hours messing around with custom ROMs or spending tons of time trying to get something that works well with customization's. At the age of 43 I want something that works fantastic out of the box and does everything perfectly, iOS delivers this, and life is too short to waste 'playing' with a phone. All Apple haters will also realize this one day ...you get to a age and just say 'ive had enough of this crap' :)

Agree....my ipad work got just works...when I use my dads samsung tablet it genuinely stresses me out....

I'm on an s2 and I have flashed custom roms and tweaked until the cows come home...I just Cba anymore....I just want a sleek smooth experience....

Spent 5 mins tweaking my xeon clock...and Cba faffing for an extra 200mhz.... :p

There are more important things to be doing :p

Last edited:
Soldato
The iPhones are so overpriced it's maddening. Unfortunately that's the price of iOS entry!

So because they're more expensive than supposed rivals that makes them "overpriced"?

They're priced at what Apple can sell them at because that's good business. As long as they can sell every one they make then why shouldn't they charge what they do? If you can't afford it or don't want to pay it then that's your prerogative but there are millions who do. Apple work very hard on not just their products but also their brand image and whole ecosystem in order to generate the kind of customer demand that other manufacturers can only dream of and I applaud them for that. Their competitors would love to be able to sell their products at the same price points but they just can't get away with it.

Associate
I agree iOS devices just work out the box. Android can be very fidley. That said since using the Nexus I have had a much better experience. Samsung is nothing but buggy bloated software. As such I now only use Nexus devices as stock Android works great. I still love iOS for its ease of use but its nowhere near worth double the asking price of my Nexus 5.

Apple have always had a premium price. Not sure why people are still shocked these days?

Caporegime
This thread is turning into apple bashing for what purpose exactly ?

If you don't want one don't buy one....but don't knock people who choose to buy one...

It's none of anyone's god damn busy what I do with my money...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom