• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Which begs the obvious question: why are you in this thread?

It never ceases to amaze how people seem determined to argue the toss over whether A is better than B in these situations because usually, it's not a case of which is better in regards to some abitrary statistic, but rather which people prefer.

People in here prefer iPhones. That's why they're buying them.

Because I've had iPhones for years and I can admit that it's looking very much like Apple are falling behind android now.

Soldato
Does any other phone offer time lapse and slow mo at 240 fps ? As these are the stuff I play with....

Is that sarcasm? If you are that serious about those features, surely it'd be something you'd be doing as a job / hobby and as such you'd have a dedicated device that's made for that kind of thing? I cannot possibly imagine a phone with time lapse and 240fps is someone you'd use daily for that purpose. I mean seriously, your telling me you'd regularly strap your iPhone 6 to a tripod and leave it recorded a timelapse? You'd can't even stand it on its side anymore!

Besides, both those features are primarily software driven, so it's not exactly going to be long before android follows suit if they want to.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is that sarcasm? If you are that serious about those features, surely it'd be something you'd be doing as a job / hobby and as such you'd have a dedicated device that's made for that kind of thing? I cannot possibly imagine a phone with time lapse and 240fps is someone you'd use daily for that purpose. I mean seriously, your telling me you'd regularly strap your iPhone 6 to a tripod and leave it recorded a timelapse? You'd can't even stand it on its side anymore!

I had a music festival at my house and had to borrow works camera and set up time lapse on the stable roof....

I want a decent camera with fast focus fast load times HDR panorama etc???quality video that fits in my pocket...

What phone out now has the best camera ?

Soldato
I had a music festival at my house and had to borrow works camera and set up time lapse on the stable roof....

I want a decent camera with fast focus fast load times HDR panorama etc???quality video that fits in my pocket...

I was under the impression it wasn't an iPhone...? Isn't it one of the lumia's? Or supposedly the LG G3 has OIS, 13megapixels and a full feature set?

Soldato
I think a lot of the problems people face is that they don't really understand business.

I'm sure everyone can remember the old Western movies where you have some very clever confidence trickster selling a bottle of Elixir from the back of his wagon. The guy claims it will do everything from cleaning stains of your clothes to being an aphrodisiac.

Well basically business today is no different and Apple really are masters of the art, though as said all businesses do it.

They rely on a few things to be successful -(1) they have to carry you along with all the hype and (2) they rely on the fact that human beings love having new things, even if quite often they don't need them.

The keynote speech is today's equivalent of the guy shouting to the crowd off the back of his chuck wagon - it really is as simple as that. Apple simply need to carry everyone on their wave of anticipation.

I suspect that once the bills start to roll in a couple of months time many people will have buyers remorse. They will say to themselves what an absolute fool I was to spend all this money when I already had something that works perfectly well, or I should have bought something that wasn't going to land me with all this debt.

Will most people publicly admit to that - well of course they won't. Some really honest folk will, but most will silently grin and bare it vowing never to be so stupid again - until the next time.

I think you just have to recognise things like the Apple keynote speech for what they are i.e. huge selling opportunities. The internet has made this sort of hard sell much worse as it's instant live and global.

I'm sure lot's of people will reply as to why they haven't fallen for this, but we all fall for it at some time or another, whether it's Apple, other businesses or even politicians trying to get your vote.

Man of Honour

The 6+ will quite possibly have the best all-round camera. In a point and shoot situation anyway.

Soldato
Same here. However recently i have started to need to delete some apps to fit more music on or remove videos to allow for more apps. 64gb for the extra £20 over 32gb seems much better value somehow (even though i know it will cost apple about £2 more)

The 64GB model is actually £10 cheaper than the 5S 32GB was, unless you're talking about the Plus which isn't really a direct comparison.

Caporegime
Guys, I'm tempted by the 6 Plus but I have a question if anyone knows the answer to it? If I get it sim-free from Apple and I insert say an O2 sim into it, will it be locked to that network? And if I ever need it unlocking, will the network do it?

thanks

Man of Honour
Guys, I'm tempted by the 6 Plus but I have a question if anyone knows the answer to it? If I get it sim-free from Apple and I insert say an O2 sim into it, will it be locked to that network? And if I ever need it unlocking, will the network do it?

thanks

If you buy it directly from Apple, SIM-free, it won't lock, ever.

Back
Top Bottom