• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Associate
The only mistake I see is that you are buying current cards to try to future-proof for 4K (which you probably won't upgrade to for...I dunno...may be another 2 years may be?)

IMO anyone that want proper performance for 4K, they should really wait for the 20nm card at least, unless they are planning on going at least Tri-SLI/Tri-Xfire in the future, as a pair simply don't have enough GPU grunt to push 4K in any slightly more demanding game...not without sacrificing graphic quality at least.
I get your point. To be honest, I'll probably go for a 3440x1440 first. I'm just waiting for more manufacturers to release their version. I'm not too bothered about 4k (yet) as anything above what I currently have will be an improvement.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
A new Nvidia Graphics card is cheaper than the monitor so it makes sense to change ;)
Plus GSync is awesome! i never thought i'd hear myself say that when I first heard about it

I'm not one to recommend one team over the other, my card history has gone from one to the other over the years but he's spent a lot of money for a feature that he can't use unless he switches.

Last edited:
Soldato
I get your point. To be honest, I'll probably go for a 3440x1440 first. I'm just waiting for more manufacturers to release their version. I'm not too bothered about 4k (yet) as anything above what I currently have will be an improvement.
Yea I TOO think that 3440x1440 is probably the best way to go, considering the balance between improving the gaming experience and graphic requirement.

Last edited:
Soldato
Patience, guys, patience. The world isn't ending. I'm going to have to wait anyway as the 8 GB cards aren't going to be in the initial release. Still, I'll be able to compare the 8 GB cards with the Titan 2 cards.

Permabanned
Patience, guys, patience. The world isn't ending. I'm going to have to wait anyway as the 8 GB cards aren't going to be in the initial release. Still, I'll be able to compare the 8 GB cards with the Titan 2 cards.

I'm waiting too mate. I would rather get a dual card or a 8gb model because my case is too small. Parvum 2.0. It can do SLI, but it would be a tight fit not sure if I would be ok for air cooling with a max vii gene with my case?

Back
Top Bottom