Lizard squad -why do they do it?

Caporegime
i realise there are much bigger problems in the world and I totally respect that, but why does a group like Lizard Squad choose to bring down the worlds biggest gaming networks on Christmas Day of all days?

Is there a genuine motive behind it? Is it political, financial or are they just a bunch of micro penised geeks who are trying to look important and clever?

Or maybe there is an actual beneficial reason to do it.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Best day to do it if you ask me. I know not everyone is lucky enough to have family, but those that do shouldn't be sat in front of a console.

Associate
Well think of it like this...

Two brothers get the presents they asked for. One asked for a set of dinosaurs for his gift and has a wonderful time using his imagination playing with them. The other brother asked for a big RC car but its raining outside and his parents did not charge the battery before wrapping it so he has to wait till the next day before he can play.

Gamers got what they asked for on Christmas Day... but the Hackers got what they wanted...

Soldato
Some people are just *****.

There really is no better way to put it, deriving pleasure from causing upset to other people, most of them children.

Soldato
Cus one of are bruvaz got arrestid lyk. Basically they're just a bunch of bells. I do find it funny that so many people refer to it as hacking though and are worried their details will be taken. Its a DDOS, they're not clever enough to actually gain access to anything server side.

Soldato
And these are the same types of "groups of people" who will steal, pirate and hack so many people (including plenty on these forums) can get the latest music, film and games for free - and in those cases they are idolised as "freedom fighters" and how amazing it is of them to give away what large corporations wanted to sell.

But double standards etc - idolised when they give you stuff free via pirating, hated when they take your games down for a day or so.

Man of Honour
Poor gamers, should be enjoying Christmas with their families and friends instead of being stuck in front of a screen. Got too feel sorry for the poor souls with nothing else to do. ;)

Soldato
I suspect they are socially retarded nerdy virgins who do something like this to make themselves feel like they are having some kind of impact on other people lives

Soldato
Best day to do it if you ask me. I know not everyone is lucky enough to have family, but those that do shouldn't be sat in front of a console.

A console isn't something you 'sit in front of though' necessarily. We spent all day yesterday with the kids at my parents, great food, drink, company. Came home and the kids went to bed and we wanted to relax and watch something on Amazon Prime Instant video via the XBox - unfortunately thanks to this ddos we couldn't.

Soldato
TheBBC said:
Ros Bruce, from Essex, said her 10-year-old son got an Xbox One for Christmas, and he and a friend had spent weeks planning what games they would play together online.
She said they had been downloading a game since 09:00 GMT - and by 23:40 it was still not ready.
"He has spent most of the day in tears," she said.
"He says it's been his worst Christmas ever.
"I think Xbox should compensate us all."

Someone should tell Russell Brand!! The messiah will sort it out!!

Soldato

Poor gamers, should be enjoying Christmas with their families and friends instead of being stuck in front of a screen. Got too feel sorry for the poor souls with nothing else to do. ;)

Why is it so wrong for children to enjoy their new consoles for a couple of hours on Christmas day :confused:? I'm sure a lot of parents get much more enjoyment from watching their child or children enjoying their new toys on Christmas than sitting down and watching the same crap that's been on TV on Christmas day for decades.

Back
Top Bottom