• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why 'Watch Dogs' Is Bad News For AMD Users -- And Potentially The Entire PC Gaming Ecosystem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
AMDMatt said wait till the end of the year and see who's right/wrong.

But of course I expect you to jump in the AMD defence squad Shanks. You're that way inclined.

And yes, AMD had an aim, they missed it. It's late, no biggie (I honestly don't care that it's late). But everything they do is late. It's actually hilarious.

Caporegime
To be fair this thread was from before he was 'AMD Matt'. I don't think his employers would take too kindly to this kind of thread being raised with their stamp on it now though. Some of the stuff in here is borderline defamatory.

That's his handle now, so I can't exactly call him anything else now :p
Not on about AMD's stance though, I'm not fussed on what AMD's stance is or isn't.

Soldato
"Open" is being misused :p (Well, I think you know that Andy, hence your point)
Also, it's AMD. Of course it's late! Everything they do is late!

Matt defined the terms of the bet as "open = public sdk" before the end of the year :D

I was quite fair, i let matt change the terms several times and still took the bet

It shouldnt need saying, but this is just a bit of fun

Last edited:
Caporegime
AMDMatt said wait till the end of the year and see who's right/wrong.

But of course I expect you to jump in the AMD defence squad Shanks. You're that way inclined.

And yes, AMD had an aim, they missed it. It's late, no biggie (I honestly don't care that it's late). But everything they do is late. It's actually hilarious.

Not much AMD is late by industry standards and that is what bugs me with people who like to constantly point it out as abnormal while ignoring that it is just the way the industry is. Almost everything Nvidia do is late as well, their g-sync screens were late, their video hardware run recording thing(I can't remember the name of it) was promised with the 780gtx release and came out nearer the 980gtx release, it was 6+ months late 480gtx was launched twice and the architecture once before that, all late.

The nature of the game is you can only be as quick as the processes are on hardware and software is NEVER on time these days, it's that simple.

Every single piece of software I can think of is "late" or it's on time and not finished, it's the nature of software. Lets say Assassins Creed was "on time" yet it shouldn't have been because it's not in a sensible state for release, it still isn't today really(performance wise more than bugs now afaik though). Most games get 3-12 month delays and even some of them are still released in a shoddy state.

It's all well and good making a joke that everything AMD do is late, but so is everything Nvidia do. Both K1's were later than Nvidia told everyone they would launch, as was pretty much every Tegra to date. The GK110 based cards were all very late to the party due to yield issues.

Software in general is never on time these days and hardware mostly around new processes will almost never be as planned or on time. Which is fine, almost everything Intel has launched in the past 6 years has been late as well, from basically every new generation of chips, to processes and fluffed chipsets to boot mixed in with lateness of products... maybe we shouldn't mention Larabee the GPU... or it's GPGPU later versions which not surprisingly... also late and almost all their mobile Atom's have been late to the party as well. Intel's Broadwell is late, the 14nm process was WAY late, most of the Broadwell range isn't out and we're approaching Skylake release timeframe for the previous product. There isn't a player in the industry doing bleeding edge stuff that is "on time". Apple are the closest, helped by the money to secure the first access to new processes now but they are helped by making tiny chips on new processes where as Intel, AMD, Nvidia and any other makers of comparatively huge or complex chips simply can't produce at the same stage on a new process with also in general Apple eating crappy yields and no need for profits on the chips themselves as they make a killing on the devices, Nvidia/AMD/Intel all make chips and not really devices(for the most part) so chips have to be profitable, again making the point Apple and the other three can start using a process VERY different.

Last edited:
Soldato
That isnt the point DM, matt was betting people mantle would have the sdk by year end, he was wrong, bet lost
i'm not having a pop at AMD

And i even just pointed out it was just a bit of new years joviality but way to kill the mood :rolleyes:

Soldato
I'd like to think matt's big enuff to buy you at least a virtual beer :)
I do miss his posting style when he was free but i'm sure hes having a great time doing what hes doing

Caporegime
That isnt the point DM, matt was betting people mantle would have the sdk by year end, he was wrong, bet lost
i'm not having a pop at AMD

And i even just pointed out it was just a bit of new years joviality but way to kill the mood :rolleyes:

Incredible, you are still on this? after 6 months you resurrected this thread to continue on with this crap, really?

Soldato
What a epic bring from the dead post..

Should be fun! And lets get couple things correct here.. AMD never once said in Concrete that the SDK would release in 2014.. If you go back and watch or read anything there "Aim" was to have it release in 2014..

Big difference..

Incredible, you are still on this? after 6 months you resurrected this thread to continue on with this crap, really?

Well why are you guys been so defensive? This is a bet that Andybird had with AMDMatt and Andybird won. He called it, AMDMatt was wrong.

That's it, plain and simple.

Caporegime
Well why are you guys been so defensive? This is a bet that Andybird had with AMDMatt and Andybird won. He called it, AMDMatt was wrong.

That's it, plain and simple.

No he hasn't and bump a thread that has been dead for 6 months to continue with his arguing, thats normal... well, maybe it is around here for some members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom