• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why 'Watch Dogs' Is Bad News For AMD Users -- And Potentially The Entire PC Gaming Ecosystem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Jeez louise, I don't even care if matt pays up or whatever, its only a laugh chaps

Matt was saying he'd put money on mantle being open (having a public sdk) by the end of the year, he lost the bet, it is funny, end of, it isnt a dig at AMD or anything pro nvidia, it is just a bit of fun

I think it would be funny if matt gave me game codes for mantle games as i wouldnt even be able to use them for fear of my eyes exploding :D

Soldato
It's clearly yet another dig at AMD and not just a bit of fun.

Maybe I'll make a thread about Nvidia's awful drivers and how AMD's are now actually superior, oh wait if I did that it wouldn't be fun, it'd be irresponsible trolling. :|

Caporegime
Matt defined the terms of the bet as "open = public sdk" before the end of the year :D

I was quite fair, i let matt change the terms several times and still took the bet

It shouldnt need saying, but this is just a bit of fun

Unless I'm reading this wrong, yes he was wrong but there was no monetary bet from the posts you've highlighted?

Caporegime
I mentioned £50, matt declined my terms but then said what his were (open = sdk) and I accepted :D
It is right at the top of my spoiler tag, my first post, just below matt's first post

You mentioned 50 quid he said he wouldn't take the bet. What part am i missing?

He just thought it would be open and available but he never agreed a monetary bet for a specific amount.

That's how i read it and I'm an nvidia fan.

Soldato
You mentioned 50 quid he said he wouldn't take the bet. What part am i missing?

He just thought it would be open and available but he never agreed a monetary bet for a specific amount.

That's how i read it and I'm an nvidia fan.

There is plenty of wiggle room in the language used, i am not really expecting matt to pay up, though it is an opportunity for him to have the last laugh...

Matt was the one that started with putting money on it, I accepted, even when he changed the rules a few times, he didnt explicitly state the bet was on, I am guessing because he knew he was wrong even at the time and didnt want to face admitting it, he also didnt think anyone would remember

Last edited:
Caporegime
There is plenty of wiggle room in the language used, i am not really expecting matt to pay up, though it is an opportunity for him to have the last laugh...

Matt was the one that started with putting money on it, I accepted, even when he changed the rules a few times, he didnt explicitly state the bet was on, I am guessing because he knew he was wrong even at the time and didnt want to face admitting it, he also didnt think anyone would remember

I think it was more a turn of phrase the way i read it. But good luck anyway i think you accepted a bet he didn't actually made in the end but of course he was wrong anyway by the looks of it.

Don
I think it was more a turn of phrase the way i read it. But good luck anyway i think you accepted a bet he didn't actually made in the end but of course he was wrong anyway by the looks of it.

I do not think Andy actually wants anything, maybe a simple you were right and I was wrong with regards to our discussion(Not in an official AMD sense, that would just be crazy, as he did not work for AMD at the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom