Dying Light - PC next gen zombie open world game?

Associate
So this is open world ? How big is the world ? All the gameplay clips I've seen make it look like a really generic and linear game.

Soldato
So this is open world ? How big is the world ? All the gameplay clips I've seen make it look like a really generic and linear game.

I have about 18 hours played so far and am only 40% complete. The majority of my time is spent running around and killing zombies in the funniest ways possible.

Parts of the game are linear in the story in that you have to enter a building that you can only go inside of as part of the story but the majority is an open world map. Probably takes about 5-6 minutes to run from one end to the other so its not MASSIVE but it is big enough

Associate
I hope they unlock more of the city in DLC. Would be nice to see the city grow a bit... or even do what Dead Island did where you get on a boat/plane and crash on another infected island.

Soldato

It is, however somehow it's also immensely good fun. Genuinely not had this much fun with a game in ages and coop is simply fantastic. I didn't get to play last night and won't play again until tomorrow and I'm missing my fix! :D

Caporegime
Sector 0 is a bit brutal.

I died a lot yesterday when I got there. The buildings are a lot higher and easier to fall off, often the areas below have those berserker things as well as the ranged spitting zombies.

Then again, the start area was getting a bit easy...

Associate
I'm about 14% in now and it feels like there are a lot more zombies everywhere now, and they are much more likely to follow me if a walk/run past or above them than they were at the start.
Is this a trend that continues?

Soldato
I'm about 14% in now and it feels like there are a lot more zombies everywhere now, and they are much more likely to follow me if a walk/run past or above them than they were at the start.
Is this a trend that continues?

They get progressively harder, you'll notice them lunging and grabbing you a lot more and generally the cannon fodder ones will swarm you more often and move quicker.

Soldato
My one gripe is that the power creep gets out of hand. You start off having to actually struggle to survive and it takes a fair few whacks to kill zombies and now I literally cut them down like ripe wheat (It is funny as my main weapon is a sickle :)), Walk forward tapping left mouse button....Head goes flying there, arm there, 2 heads on that stroke... oh another arm....do be do just out for a leisurely stroll...

Even the volatiles at night just aren't really a chore anymore as they take about 6 or 7 hits and they are dead :( I hope sector 0 is as hard as Vincent has said. I believe my level is 16-15-15 so that may have something to do with it as well.

Soldato
How does the co-op work? is it like Borderlands? i mean if i had 1 char for SP then another for MP with a friend, it will always continue from where we left off?

Soldato
Anyone else had it where gfx will lock up/slideshow very alowly, while the sound carries on as normal? Had it last night when I was going to the story mission where you check out airdrops in the Cauldron. Openeing the first case caused it and didn't stop until the character 'steps away' from the case after the game took control, and the second when I was fighting a normal zombie randomly.

I'm running a 2gb GTX670; could low memory be the reason why? It did it after using the nvidia control panel to optimise games settings for Dying Light. I turned down a load of settings in game last night after the slideshows and didn't have it since, so I'll turn everything up one by one to see if it happens again.

Soldato
Anyone else had it where gfx will lock up/slideshow very alowly, while the sound carries on as normal? Had it last night when I was going to the story mission where you check out airdrops in the Cauldron. Openeing the first case caused it and didn't stop until the character 'steps away' from the case after the game took control, and the second when I was fighting a normal zombie randomly.

I'm running a 2gb GTX670; could low memory be the reason why? It did it after using the nvidia control panel to optimise games settings for Dying Light. I turned down a load of settings in game last night after the slideshows and didn't have it since, so I'll turn everything up one by one to see if it happens again.

There are still multi card problems with the game I believe.

Soldato
My one gripe is that the power creep gets out of hand. You start off having to actually struggle to survive and it takes a fair few whacks to kill zombies and now I literally cut them down like ripe wheat (It is funny as my main weapon is a sickle :)), Walk forward tapping left mouse button....Head goes flying there, arm there, 2 heads on that stroke... oh another arm....do be do just out for a leisurely stroll...

Even the volatiles at night just aren't really a chore anymore as they take about 6 or 7 hits and they are dead :( I hope sector 0 is as hard as Vincent has said. I believe my level is 16-15-15 so that may have something to do with it as well.

One of the guys we play with said volatiles are nothing compared to the later game baddies!

Soldato

The zombie aggression and which ones you'll encounter are linked to the story line rather than your level, progress it and you'll see them becoming more aggressive and get more of the annoying ones which you need to be more careful around.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I think I'm going to have to buy this over the weekend. Anyone know where the best deal is at the moment? £28 on G2A..

£28 is a good price I bought mine for Cdkeys and used the 5% voucher for first time order which came to about £30-31.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I have about 18 hours played so far and am only 40% complete. The majority of my time is spent running around and killing zombies in the funniest ways possible.

Parts of the game are linear in the story in that you have to enter a building that you can only go inside of as part of the story but the majority is an open world map. Probably takes about 5-6 minutes to run from one end to the other so its not MASSIVE but it is big enough

I have played nearly 50 hours and I am about 75% of the way through the main story but their is so much to do it the laughs what make this game and I just can't get enough of kicking zombies off tall buildings.

Associate
I have played nearly 50 hours and I am about 75% of the way through the main story but their is so much to do it the laughs what make this game and I just can't get enough of kicking zombies off tall buildings.

I know what you mean. I spent over an hour last night just seeing how big i could get the pile of twitching zombies in a big electrified puddle.

hilarious. Childish, but hilarious :D

Back
Top Bottom