***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hey guys been busy today, but got vape mail!

IMG_6421.jpg

Got a coil making thingy, and a orchid v3 + a quartz tank thing, also some pc tank things,. the clear like plastic tank stuff, but neither of them two fit it, there too tall for the orchid v3 that I got, I wanted a smaller v3 over a taller v4. but meh.

The coiler, what a load of ******** that thing is, I mean, it works so to speak but what a novelty item. waste of money and time, easier to wrap coils by hand if you ask me, and a hell of a lot quicker.

also, just going to do a build in the orchid now, I like how simple it is, looks to be a lot better than the kayfun v4, how it has two air holes that go straight up to the coils etc.

But, damn does it feel restrictive, I mean I vape my mutation x V2 wide open now and im wanting more air flow lol.

But I might drill this orchid's air holes out if it works decent and I take a liking to it. would be handy for when im out and about and don't have time for dripping.

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay, just went a bit mental for a first time orchid build.

Used 24g kanthal, 3mm drill bit 8 wraps, 0.4ohms.
It definitely needs more air flow, ill drill out the air holes in the next few days and give it a try, but the top of the chimney, not sure how much more I could bore it out, its pretty much bored out as much as it can go, meh.

But apart from that, its actually a good tank, no dry hits like kayfuns etc. its just simple, easy, and easy to work on. its pretty neat, but wouldn't be winning any cloud comps with it. but flavour and how easy it is to work on, its pretty great. id say its better than the kayfun tanks iv got. though iv never had the kayfun v4 working right though yet, and its broken at the moment till I get a replacement centre post. but at the moment, this orchid beats them.

But the idea of using a tank instead of dripping when im out of the house and about etc. I doubt ill ever go back from dripping now. though I guess its a project on the side to modify and have as backup etc. :)

But anyway yeah, iv got the 0.4 ohm setup up at 35w right now, and not a single dry hit, its performing quite well for a tank, the more im using it the more impressed I am with it for a tank. But the build Iv got in it right now, id say its performance is on par with a single coil 1.6ohm build in a dripper, which aint bad for a tank im guessing, not used big tanks that much so I don't know them that well, just know that I wont ever get my dripping performance from them. but like I say its decent enough.

will probably end up on the shelf like my other tanks though.

IMG_6422.jpg

IMG_6426.jpg

Last edited:
I'm toying with a Kanger Sub Mini, really want to give the cotton a try having only used coils in the Nautilus Mini. All I taste now is a nasty coily throat hit no matter what juice I use. Old coil, new coil - all the same.

Soldato
Cleaned out my tackle box and decided to put it to alternative use... Works a charm!

Is that an actual tackle box or a tool box that you used for tackle? as I've been looking at toolboxes for a while to hold my vape gear and they all a bit lame.

I'm toying with a Kanger Sub Mini, really want to give the cotton a try having only used coils in the Nautilus Mini. All I taste now is a nasty coily throat hit no matter what juice I use. Old coil, new coil - all the same.

Aspire have brought out a new design for the coil for the Nautilus mini; so I've read.

Kanger maybe stopping production of the full size subtank, it's no longer being listed on their own site (at the moment). If anyone still wants one, I would suggest getting one now.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Anyone who buys from Spectrum Vaping, don't bother choosing the more expensive of the delivery options. Doesn't matter which one you pick they seem to just send it next day delivery regardless, usually takes them a few days to mix first though. Had 5 orders over the past few months and chose different delivery options, every one was sent next day delivery with Interlink.

Associate
Is that an actual tackle box or a tool box that you used for tackle? as I've been looking at toolboxes for a while to hold my vape gear and they all a bit lame.

Kanger maybe stopping production of the full size subtank, it's no longer being listed on their own site (at the moment). If anyone still wants one, I would suggest getting one now.

Not sure, supposed it could be used for both (2-layer cantilevered box). It's only polycarb so it's not the most stable but it suits me just fine :)

Associate
Hey guys been busy today, but got vape mail!

IMG_6421.jpg

Got a coil making thingy, and a orchid v3 + a quartz tank thing, also some pc tank things,. the clear like plastic tank stuff, but neither of them two fit it, there too tall for the orchid v3 that I got, I wanted a smaller v3 over a taller v4. but meh.

The coiler, what a load of ******** that thing is, I mean, it works so to speak but what a novelty item. waste of money and time, easier to wrap coils by hand if you ask me, and a hell of a lot quicker.

also, just going to do a build in the orchid now, I like how simple it is, looks to be a lot better than the kayfun v4, how it has two air holes that go straight up to the coils etc.

But, damn does it feel restrictive, I mean I vape my mutation x V2 wide open now and im wanting more air flow lol.

But I might drill this orchid's air holes out if it works decent and I take a liking to it. would be handy for when im out and about and don't have time for dripping.

For 28 gauge wire using the coil tool move the screw on the cap to the inner hole closer to the centre of the cap & you will be surprised at the result, also don't push hard on the cap when winding the coil :)

Cheers all

Associate
Any UK vendors with the Istick 50w in stock yet?

Totally wicked do but they want their normal extra % on other vendors. I'm not sure on the pricing of the 50w istick but TW want £55 for the 50w iStick

18% discount code for TW WEDTW18 makes it not much more than other vendors and they have stock. Seems the dicount code only lasts a day but if you check TW on FB or twitter you can find the codes.

Last edited:
Associate
Totally wicked do but they want their normal extra % on other vendors. I'm not sure on the pricing of the 50w istick but TW want £55 for the 50w iStick

18% discount code for TW WEDTW18 makes it not much more than other vendors and they have stock. Seems the dicount code only lasts a day but if you check TW on FB or twitter you can find the codes.

Thank you i've ordered that now

Aspire have brought out a new design for the coil for the Nautilus mini; so I've read.

Interesting - cotton based?

RE: Kanger, is that anything to do with leaks per chance? I've grabbed a mini after doing some reading and apparently they're supplying thick O rings which are taking care of the problem.

-

Also battery wise, I'm definitely in need of an upgrade not the Subtank is on it's way. Stuck between MVP/eLeaf style and a mod at the moment. the eLeaf 50W looks like a lot of battery for the money, but the MVP 3 is on the horizon too. Alternatively, I quite fancy a DNA30/40 build as I'm competent with a soldering iron and multimeter but struggling to find a decent UK parts supplier. Any suggestions?

Soldato
Interesting - cotton based?

RE: Kanger, is that anything to do with leaks per chance? I've grabbed a mini after doing some reading and apparently they're supplying thick O rings which are taking care of the problem.

-

Also battery wise, I'm definitely in need of an upgrade not the Subtank is on it's way. Stuck between MVP/eLeaf style and a mod at the moment. the eLeaf 50W looks like a lot of battery for the money, but the MVP 3 is on the horizon too. Alternatively, I quite fancy a DNA30/40 build as I'm competent with a soldering iron and multimeter but struggling to find a decent UK parts supplier. Any suggestions?

Nautilus; Not sure there mate, the holes look bigger so it could be for cotton wicking.

Kanger; again I'm not sure.. All my tanks leak-ish has I have heavy VG juice and leave them sitting there for weeks on end.. lol Mine don't leak from the sides, it leaks from the airflow control. I think is a marketing thing personally, no one really wanted a tank that size, and looks a tad silly; I think they saw the sales number now that the mini came out and think it's not worth making anymore.

DNA 30/40 wise... I love my rDNA40, I've never been a fan of the MVPs as I missed the hype of the MVP2, but I will be getting a istick 50w (http://puremist.co.uk/pure-mist-mods/eleaf-istick-50w < in stock), when I cba; if I don't get a SX350 chip mod before then or the smok m50. Cloud9 vaping have both 30 and 40 in stock while modmakers.co.uk will supply you the rest of the parts, but I've seen loads of ads (BGV board and UK Vapers) selling DNA30 mods.

Last edited:
Soldato
For 28 gauge wire using the coil tool move the screw on the cap to the inner hole closer to the centre of the cap & you will be surprised at the result, also don't push hard on the cap when winding the coil :)

Cheers all

Alright, I might give it a try some time again, but meh, its quicker to do it by hand if you ask me lol.

Edit, just give it another go, its alright but by the time you've faffed about with it, I could have already made 5 coils lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom