***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Joyetech Cubis, Nautius X? Seems to be the ones I see mentioned more than most for MTL.

EDIT: Yeah I love my Toptank (have the newer version with the smaller AFC on the bottom, looks like this) Though its not really a MTL tank is it, even with the 1.5 coils?

Last edited:
Soldato
Crown II now in stock at SR Vapes, nearly pulled the trigger until I couldnt decide which coils to buy - 0.5 or 0.8 Clapton.

Currently using Claptons in my Toptank. Can't decide what to do! :confused: Leaning towards 0.8 claptons for best flavour, less wattage and less juice consumption.

...I'm also 6 weeks off the stinkies but am somehow sat convincing myself to some beers and 10 Lambert & Butler on Friday night :mad::eek:

I was a little like this when I first started vaping and heading towards my first few beers. My advise is to find a liquid to works well with what ever you're drinking, I much prefer ice/menthol's when having a drink rather then my usual sweet ADV's. You'll be surprised at how easy it is, drink+fags was my heaven made partnership, I was sure it would be the one thing that would keep me on the stinkies, I was very wrong :)

Permabanned
A great vid I've just found in relation to my previous post which basically proves just how well paired batteries share the amperage when running in parallel.

Man of Honour
A great vid I've just found in relation to my previous post which basically proves just how well paired batteries share the amperage when running in parallel.

If you want to push the envelope so to speak using a mech then invest in a couple of pairs of LG HB2 batteries. You aren't going to get huge life out of them being a 1500mah cell but they are a 30A continous. Plenty of people will run batteries on the ragged edge for months/years but it really isn't worth the risk.

All it takes is one to vent, and enter thermal runaway and the result won't be pretty. Ultimately if you want to push silly power then a DNA200 will do it with far more safety and versatility.

Tube style mechs are great for form factor, but when we're talking parallel or series mods you get all of the drawbacks with a dual/triple battery regulated mod with none of the advantages

Permabanned
If you want to push the envelope so to speak using a mech then invest in a couple of pairs of LG HB2 batteries. You aren't going to get huge life out of them being a 1500mah cell but they are a 30A continous. Plenty of people will run batteries on the ragged edge for months/years but it really isn't worth the risk.

All it takes is one to vent, and enter thermal runaway and the result won't be pretty. Ultimately if you want to push silly power then a DNA200 will do it with far more safety and versatility.

Tube style mechs are great for form factor, but when we're talking parallel or series mods you get all of the drawbacks with a dual/triple battery regulated mod with none of the advantages

Tbf mate, I'm not one to build super low in any situation, even on regulated devices. I just want to use a nice 0.2 dual build on a parallel box mod.

I have a fresh pair of HE4's that, through my calculations with a 0.2 - 0.24, should output around 21 amps. If all the information I've gathered is correct, this should be more then reasonably safe PROVIDING I keep the batteries in good working order (checking for swell, scratches and the like) when using them in parallel.

I do realize that mech mods are loosing there appeal slightly, what with regulated mods being so up to scratch these days but hey, something about the raw circuitry appeals to me xD

Soldato

Dude, that's in a test environment as its using a testing rig..
Electric will always use the path of less resistant, so in really life; when you have a mod there the 510 is not setup bang in the middle, it's going to pull slightly more power from the one that's closest.. There's also other factors that can close a slight higher power drain from one battery than the other.

Of course this all depends on what mod you are using, like I said in the original reply its mostly safe. It's safer than serial mechs.. I normally don't build below 0.4 anyway as the vape is far too hot for me, which is safe to run on a single 18650. The parallel batteries is there just for battery life.

Soldato
I'll get shot down here and admittedly am less experienced than many on here. However, here goes...

I had a Kanger Toptank Kit. The tank leaked all the time. However then moved to a Sigelei 213, as the Crown II still wasnt out, I bought a stainless steel Toptank individually. This Toptank is different to the one in the starter kit and I'm delighted with it. Here is why:
  • Can buy a wide array of coils, specfically for you, 1.20
  • The air adjustment is better than the starter kit, it clicks round just like a Crown, so you have 3 settings, wide open, medium hole and small hole. Again, small or medium hole is good for MTL no?
  • The tank needs only a low wattage, saving battery life
  • Finally, I've had this a few weeks now and not a single leak
  • Bonus: if you decide to subohm, simply pick up some 0.5 coils
As I say, Im sure the others will make suggetions but will defend this little tank as its been a major surprise for me.

I use 70VG with 0.5 coils. Maybe you would prefer 70PG at 1.2?

£17. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kangertech-Toptank-Mini-Silver-Clearomizer/dp/B01B065EVW/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1467233410&sr=8-1&keywords=Toptank

So there are different types of Kanger Toptank? Guy I work with has the kit and his leaks so I was avoiding that model also not sure if 1.2 is too low for MTL I use 1.8 dual coils at the mo as they give a good throat hit but not great flavour at all. I have a iJust 2 for Sub Ohm so it doesnt need to cater for that, I'm really after the benifts of decent battery life and a good mod to get the best throat hit and flavour combo but there seems to be very little that caters for this, everything is Sub Ohm.

I'll read into the SS Toptank, thanks.

Joyetech Cubis, Nautius X? Seems to be the ones I see mentioned more than most for MTL.

EDIT: Yeah I love my Toptank (have the newer version with the smaller AFC on the bottom, looks like this) Though its not really a MTL tank is it, even with the 1.5 coils?

I'll look into those two too, anymore that'll work well with a Cool Fire 4?

Thanks

Associate
Just ordered me a Cuboid and replacement 0.4 coils for my Clieto.

Also, how often do you guys replace the batteries, i have 2 18650 which are married, i've had them since November last year, they get charged every 3/4 days at 0.5a

Associate
I've realised that building coils is not for me, I prefer to just buy ready made one's. I've been using my subtank mini with 0.5 vertical occ coils for quite a while now, and I'm happy with it. But I feel I may be missing out on Stainless Steel and Clapton coils.

I see that kanger have released 0.5 claptons, which I've ordered. Has anyone tried these?

I couldnt find stainless steel coils, although according to this site, they do exist:

http://www.vaporauthority.com/blogs...up-the-confusion-about-the-kanger-ssocc-coils

So question is - can people make suggestions for the best ready made coils. I see the Uwell Crown has many different coil types available.

Man of Honour
Just ordered me a Cuboid and replacement 0.4 coils for my Clieto.

Also, how often do you guys replace the batteries, i have 2 18650 which are married, i've had them since November last year, they get charged every 3/4 days at 0.5a

All my Samsung 25Rs have noticeably dropped in capacity at a year old , mostly used at 40-50w in single battery mods.

My Samsung 30Q30Q and,LG HG2 I've noticed no drop in capacity at 9 months old, but they're used in a dual battery DNA200 device and live at around 16-24watts so they get a really easy life

Associate
All my Samsung 25Rs have noticeably dropped in capacity at a year old , mostly used at 40-50w in single battery mods.

My Samsung 30Q30Q and,LG HG2 I've noticed no drop in capacity at 9 months old, but they're used in a dual battery DNA200 device and live at around 16-24watts so they get a really easy life

I currently have the 25R's, i mean they seem fine ive not noticed anything significant, well ill give it a couple more months then replace them for the sake of replacing them.

Soldato
Ok guys a bit of advice please. I used to use the pen style e-cigs thing (long battery and screw in tank on top, bit of a cheap way to vape. Not used one in a year.

Now I am looking to quit fags full stop and want to use a vape thing to replace and eventually stop all together. I have been talking to people at work and there are about 4 of them who use the Kanga one. I have seen it in action and produces good cloud and has variable power, if thats the term. Are these actually any good? I am not looking to spend over £70-£80 for the unit and battery.

Edit: Basically I am a bit of a noob when it comes to these box MODS o whatever they are called. My needs are simple really, one of the box things with display that allows me to change the power so I get more vape/stronger throat hit etc, what tanks do I need? what else do I need to know about this stuff.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
This thread is getting a little excessively large now, so it's time for a rinse and repeat.

Does a keen member want to create The Vapers Lounge 3.0?

Rilot is probably the best option, frequent poster and a mod too. :)

This thread has less than half the replies of the 'Show us Your Motors' thread which is sitting at over 35,000 replies by the way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom