Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Commissario
I just like how newspapers are finding witnesses and investigating faster than BBC, who seem to be doing nothing.

I strongly suspect the BBC are finding them (and checking they were present), and actually making sure of the facts before issuing any statements officially.

Unlike some of the papers where it's so far gone from a punch up to a shove, to up to 30 minutes of shouting, and could well end up at "he called him a useless idiot who couldn't organise getting drunk in a distillery" or something by the time it's over ;)

Just like with Saville and all the other paedophiles they protected over the year's then.

You mean like the Police who couldn't find anything, and the same papers that apparently had heard the same rumours and had tried investigations but couldn't find anything?

Commissario
He could do a Jonathon Ross and go to ITV. Trouble is, we'd be treated to 6 billion ad breaks during the show. :(

Any and complaints about the cars would be massively toned down, advertisers really don't like a broadcasters shows saying negative things about their products.
Especially high profile or flagship programmes.

Given how much advertising there is for cars on the likes of ITV and Sky, I can't see Vauxhall, Ford, Skoda and Renault being very happy with their cars being described in Clarksons normal manner.

Soldato
Any and complaints about the cars would be massively toned down, advertisers really don't like a broadcasters shows saying negative things about their products.

Given how much advertising there is for cars on the likes of ITV and Sky, I can't see Vauxhall, Ford, Skoda and Renault being very happy with their cars being described in Clarksons normal manner.

At the end of the day though, what could they do about it? Their only options would be to either stop advertising their cars in protest or advertise on smaller channels with less viewers, both of which would be more damaging to themselves than the channel.

Caporegime

youd think theyd stop give top gear cars then if they were offended by what they say....

Permabanned

They freely supply cars to Top Gear, so I doubt it is of concern to them. They also buy advertising slots in other TV regions and countries where top gear is shown, often specifically in the airtime slots of Top Gear where they get better access to petrol heads and car buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom