Road Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I went to the Bike Expo at Event City today. A much better experience than the London Bike Show I went to last year.

Cheaper entry, easier to get to (for me) and things to buy!!

Royles, a LBS in Wilmslow had a lot of floor space and some excellent deals. "Half marked price" sounded too good to be true. But nope, it was true. Half the marked price of Kask, Giro Helmets. Mavic, Giro shoes. Top end helmets/shoes too.

Picked up some Mavic Zxelliums, some socks and gloves at half price. Very pleased.

Finished off the day with a run out on the summer bike :)

https://app.strava.com/activities/271889759

Felt good and a decent speed too.

Caporegime
I've just done a quick 10 mile loop on my single speed. Only a short one as a) I'm knackered from yesterday's ride and b) something is clicking and it's driving me nuts! I think it's in the crank/BB area, but I'm not certain. It happens when I'm pedalling, it's much worse when stood up. It doesn't happen if I freewheel or spin the cranks backwards. I think I'll have to figure a way to get on the bike leant against something and put some weight through it with the chain off to see if it still happens. I'll probably also dismantle the front end of the drivetrain, check for any dirt or anything and then reassemble it. I think it must be poor assembly on my part, as it's been creaking from day one and it's only got about 30 miles on it. I've probably not tightened something enough.

Soldato
I had a creaking under similar circumstances and it just turned out that I need to un-torque and re-torque the pedal, nothing quite as drastic as I was fearing!

Soldato
Those clickings are like the hardest thing to find on a bike ha.. Can be so many different things :) mine seems to be all good bar a squeaky pedal! Done around 100miles on it and I'm getting quite used to it, still trying to get over slow starts of the lights!

Last edited:
Soldato
Sportive complete, by far the hardest ride I've done to date.

Had a great time, it was run by Evans Cycles, will be signing up for more for sure.

Nailed the hill that finished me off a few months ago, then did another climb after :D

https://www.strava.com/activities/272294557

Bad cadence and speed but meh :p

Saw some signs for that on my TT today but didn't see any riders! That's some impressive elevation for the distance.

Associate
Had enough of not cycling to work so spent the day dusting off the old GT xc1.0 and will be riding it to work in the morning....20miles of pure hell awaits.

Still not decided on the bike to replace the road bike, since the LBS suggested a cyclocross "adventure " bike.

defy 0 or the TCX SLR 1 which wasnt in stock today :(

Soldato
First club ride today for me, went with the advice of their website and did a Medium-Short ride, which was 33miles with a target pace of 13-15mph average.
I think I am fitter than I thought from lack of cycling, and will probably try the faster group or a longer ride next week. Good ride though, if a bit slow.

Also check this out - absolutely shocking!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V_RTZ8N-uI&feature=youtu.be&t=1m4s

Caporegime
Those clickings are like the hardest thing to find on a bike ha.. Can be so many different things :) mine seems to be all good bar a squeaky pedal! Done around 100miles on it and I'm getting quite used to it, still trying to get over slow starts of the lights!

Which bb have you got on yours? Just in case I can't fix mine and end up replacing it...

Edit: I think I've fixed it. I'd only used a puny short Allen key for the crank/bb bolts, and it seems they were quite loose, as was readily apparent when I borrowed my neighbour's much chunkier Allen key! Hopefully that's that sorted.

Last edited:
Soldato
Managed to drag myself out of bed this morning to out with the new group. Some pretty fast climbers and descenders. It was pretty hard work:

https://www.strava.com/activities/272170573/overview

After that I met up with some other friends for a slow loop to Tatton Park and back. Total mileage worked out at 80 and my legs have certainly been less tired :p

Always good fun descending the Cat. Nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom