Road Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The climb would be a Cat2 (gradient percentage multiplied by distance in metres) but it's not a segment, so it doesnt get categorised.
(It's also not a road climb, but that doesnt make a difference to the category)

Yeah, I was trying to do the maths to figure out the categorisation in my head, and I did also wonder about the roadiness of it, given the location...

Soldato
Look what I rode past today .... Words fail me. A cycling caravan:eek:

jt1j4h.jpg

a9skk1.jpg

Soldato
brother bought some of the dhb active baselayers.. in small! thing is, he's tall.. so they obviously show his belly button lol.. fit ok on the top tho.. he gave those to me!

though "Hey I dont mind tighter fit" mhm.. its VERY tight.. to a point where I find it hard to move! boo..

Man of Honour
Yeah, the DHB stuff seems to be made for shorter people. I had to order a size up for my jacket and it's still only just long enough...though has a nice amount of room in the stomach area should I ever become pregnant somehow.

Man of Honour
Pricing up all my gear set/etc stuff and annoyingly CRC and Wiggle are out of stock of Ultegra cranksets in the sizes I want :/ I wonder if moving to 170mm crank length would be really bad or not... From what I've read probably not but I'm still a bit unsure.

Soldato
Yeah, the DHB stuff seems to be made for shorter people. I had to order a size up for my jacket and it's still only just long enough...though has a nice amount of room in the stomach area should I ever become pregnant somehow.

length is just OK for me.. still a bit short and I'm only 5'9ish! you'd expect cyclists to be skinny and tall but not short and skinny ha.

Associate
Spring at Last!

What a nice weekend for riding! Did 30m on my own on Saturday and struggled toward the end and then did

https://www.strava.com/activities/272296479

yesterday with the g/f and it was awesome, most climbing we've ever done and lovely weather.

First time to Fernlee reservoir, made a mistake of taking the cobble footpath alongside it and then bloody climb 'The Street' > Embridge Causeway after which was killer (see Alex Dowsett and Simon Yates hold a few KOM's around this area of the Peaks)

Approaching the reservoir we passed a guy strolling along who proceeded to tailgate my g/f through obvious embarrassment of being passed by a female, does make me laugh how perky people get when a female passes them.

We took a Wiggle Powerbar (coconut yum!), fig rolls and Soreen mini loaf and its amazing how eating through a long ride maintains energy levels toward the end (obvs) but never really eaten that much before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom