The Big Bang Theory...not tv or creation of Universe

Caporegime
It fracking might if they split a fissure and swallowed his house into the middle of the Earth. Right to the middle.

Yeah, reactivating an ancient mega fault and started reorientation if he world, ala the film 2012? :D

Googled 4am bang in night and someone suggested that. I know there are old mines in the area and there is a fracking site but its quite far from here.

I dont use facebook :p

If anything like that ever happened on a Wellsite in the UK it would be shut down immediately and the company skinned alive by regulators and the HSE. The only noise you would hear from fracking is Diesel/petrol engines revving up for the duration of the frack.:)

Besides, you'd know if there was anyone fracking, the protestors would make it near impossible for you to sleep... :p. More seriously no one has fracked any well onshore since 2011 in Lancashire.

Last edited:
Soldato
Without knowing where you live (What type of location) it will be impossible to say, might be a dodgy electrical Transformer box that shorts in wet weather, if there's a 'Telegraph Pole' near your house with a black box on it this will more than likely be the culprit and would explain the flash of light too. Or it could be an Electrical Substation you live next-door to that you haven't mentioned...

It could even be some sort of malfunctioning underground sewer/water pump that kicks in automatically when it's needed.

Without knowing what's around you it will be hard to pin it down to something.

If you're out in the Countryside it could just be a Scarecrow that uses blank Shotgun cartridges...

Permabanned
If you're out in the Countryside it could just be a Scarecrow that uses blank Shotgun cartridges...

More likely a propane cannon. Is OP near any fields that have recently been sown? We used to have one in the field behind our house. 4am / 5am is when the birds are getting up. Though the one behind ours had several times it would go off. It wasn't just once a day.

Associate
More likely a propane cannon. Is OP near any fields that have recently been sown? We used to have one in the field behind our house. 4am / 5am is when the birds are getting up. Though the one behind ours had several times it would go off. It wasn't just once a day.

Sounds unlikely, they don't give off a huge flash and like you say they are on a regular timer, going off several times a day rather than once every few days. It also sounds like this is far closer to a house and that he's in a residential area, probably would have mentioned if there were fields nearby.

Soldato
ancient-aliens.jpg

Terribly sorry, I seen to have mislaid a few pixels.

Associate
you live near a train tack, and the bang/flash you see is small explosive caps that are placed over the line (railway detonator), with lead tails, to alert the track workman that a train is heading their way.

mostly used at night, as visibility can be near zero in winter, I assume what you are hearing is the first train of the morning coming through, check timetables to see if it coincides with it.

When i was at school somebody came in with a bunch of these things! Made a massive bang when you threw a heavy rock on them. He said he got them from the railway but we could never figure out what they were used for.

Soldato
OP

About a mile from the fields. But the light lit up my bedroom window. It was very consistent, every Thursday. Last week it happened three times.

If it is aliens/demons they are getting closer lol

It better go off tonight as I have work in the morning. The phone app seems to save to the phone so I can't leave on. Need to find a camera.

Back
Top Bottom