The Big Bang Theory...not tv or creation of Universe

Soldato
you live near a train tack, and the bang/flash you see is small explosive caps that are placed over the line (railway detonator), with lead tails, to alert the track workman that a train is heading their way.

mostly used at night, as visibility can be near zero in winter, I assume what you are hearing is the first train of the morning coming through, check timetables to see if it coincides with it.

http://i.imgur.com/GE90y1G.jpg[/QUOTE]

[quote="Cosimo, post: 27996541"]You learn something new every day![/QUOTE]

[quote="BadMojo, post: 27996564"]You learn something new every day! Nice post. :)[/QUOTE]

Indeed - nice find :)

Man of Honour
The detonator theory is probably not the answer as they are always placed in 3's 60 ft. apart so if you're only hearing one bang it isn't detonators.

This is assuming you even live by a railway line.

As well as somethings gone wrong. As there shouldn't be a train going over them.
So wouldn't happen daily or even yearly. Only when there's a massive **** up.

It also wouldn't light up like that.

As said why haven't you reported it to the council, so they can investigate.

Last edited:
Soldato
you live near a train tack, and the bang/flash you see is small explosive caps that are placed over the line (railway detonator), with lead tails, to alert the track workman that a train is heading their way.

mostly used at night, as visibility can be near zero in winter, I assume what you are hearing is the first train of the morning coming through, check timetables to see if it coincides with it.

But you don't leave them on, it's very rare that this happens.

Soldato
OP
Ok sorry been at work.

No train track nearby.

Live in chesterfield but don't want to tell the world my address.

Reported to council and police (old lady), no response. Will try again with council.

No power cables overhead.

Stayed up a few times trying to film, bang went off but it wasn't directly outside window, seemed about a road away. Other times it's been literally outside the window.

I will have to try and film again.

Soldato
Just...what?:confused:

Stop reading links posted on facebook and friends of the earth. :p

You appear to have a severe misunderstanding of what fracking is, and it wouldn't happen at 4am anyway. It also wouldn't make a bang of flash of light either...;)

It fracking might if they split a fissure and swallowed his house into the middle of the Earth. Right to the middle.

Soldato
OP
Just...what?:confused:

Stop reading links posted on facebook and friends of the earth. :p

You appear to have a severe misunderstanding of what fracking is, and it wouldn't happen at 4am anyway. It also wouldn't make a bang of flash of light either...;)

Googled 4am bang in night and someone suggested that. I know there are old mines in the area and there is a fracking site but its quite far from here.

I dont use facebook :p

Back
Top Bottom