• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Sound is subjective I just say if I paid 700 euro it then better be silent.
Its why I would for example NEVER buy a 980ti as its loud and also hot.
Most buying the card have no issues.
That would indicate to me its fixed.
Now and then people buy a fridge, a car and it might break down.
bought two identical motherboard to sis kids one broke down in 3 days the other one just worked forever.

Soldato
If it's excessive noise and acknowledged by the manufacturers then surely retailers should offer a refund or a means to have it sent back and replaced with a non faulty unit. I've had a couple of AIO and none of them had whine like that, my current antec 950 which is back in its box has a slight humm that is audible over my case fans but nothing terrible, infact I replaced it with a Phantek TC14PE and that is A lot louder on idle, so much so I'm probably going to replace it with an nzxt kraken shortly

Man of Honour
OP
Welcome and TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

29/06/2015, Make Reference, Sesta, Link
29/06/2015, Make Reference, TheSwede, Link
29/06/2015, Make Reference, whyscotty, Link
26/06/2015, Make Reference, OvEr_KiLL, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, Kaapstad, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, Boomstick777, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, machinebummer, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, AMDMatt, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Fury X.

GoMgQTO.jpg

Associate
Have asked for my pre-order to be cancelled. Not risking getting a really noisy one and not being able to replace it. Certainly not accepting losing 25% of the price if it goes back.

Someone from OCUK really needs to step in here and tell people whats what.

Soldato
This is something AMD need to take over-ship of & communicate to sellers (and buyers) it's a fault worthy of RMA & resolve the matter.

Otherwise they will be losing preorders left-right & centre. Hell if if mine wasn't on the way to me now I'd be considering cancelling.

Soldato
It is a bit daft, considering the limited number of units we're talking about.

How many 970s did OcUK replace over VRAM-gate? Theres so few Fijis in circulation, and the number affected by this issue must be even smaller.

Associate
It is a bit daft, considering the limited number of units we're talking about.

How many 970s did OcUK replace over VRAM-gate? Theres so few Fijis in circulation, and the number affected by this issue must be even smaller.

One solution would be to re-bloc the ones with pump whine considering EK already have a block ready:

**DO NOT HOTLINK IMAGES**

I'd buy one with pump whine for that very reason if if was a slight discount since i'd be stripping it off anyway...

Soldato
Well I think I am going to wait it out for a couple of months and watch this space before I part with my two 7990s.. looks like a lot of promise which I am excited about but going to wait for it to mature a bit first.

Back
Top Bottom