Apple Music pricing

Associate
Not surprised but I'm very disappointed to see Apple are doing the same as Spotify/Deezer etc and charging the same $9.99 / £9.99. I was hoping as app prices are adjusted according to where you are the music service would be to.

Shame on you Apple!

Man of Honour
Meh, £9.99 is absolutely nothing for what it offers. The catalogue compared to Spotify is superb, so getting it for the same price is a steal

I'm surprised that you weren't expecting this

Soldato
But does the US price include tax? The UK one certainly will, which means it's realistically not much more.

Plus, with the exchange rate fluctuating as it does, it'd mean ft price would have to change regularly if you wanted it to match the US price.

I can see where you're coming from in principle though, and I think it might have made more sense to have it at £7.99 or something so it looked like a nice number that was approximately the same.

Associate
OP
It's not so much the price it's the fact that it's 9.99 dollars/euros/pounds. The tax argument doesn't work for comparison to the Euro zone and, as I said, apps take exchange rates in to account. I can understand why you'd only charge Greece £7.10 at today's exchange rate but why should the Germans/French etc. get it for so much less?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Both my GF and I had Deezer with our EE contracts which has now expired, so happy with the £14.99 family account, £7.50 each for undoubtedly a better library.

Bizarrely though, my credit card has already been charged £14.99, not even pre-authorised but fully charged. Meh.

Man of Honour
Got Deezer for free with SONOS, think I'll resub when it expires as it's been great so far. Not sure what Apple offers over it?

Soldato
Signed up on the 9.99 package (since that's the only way of getting three months trial), but as a student I get Spotify half price. Will be seeing how the libraries compare and whether the extra price is worth it.

Associate
I got to try it out properly tonight. Sadly spent most of the night on spotify as it had music Apple didn't offer and the playlists were actually better, which I was quite surprised at. Plus Apple music takes(for me) a couple seconds to play a song while spotify plays instantly. But this is only beginning, looking forward to the changes in the updates.

Man of Honour
I got to try it out properly tonight. Sadly spent most of the night on spotify as it had music Apple didn't offer and the playlists were actually better

See I've found the total opposite. I've always been frustrated with the holes in Spotifys catalogue, but with Apple music it's had everything I've searched for minus one track. I guess it totally depends who you're listening too

Man of Honour
I'm on the £14.99 family share (for up to 6 people)

What I love, up to 6 people can play at same time.. we all get our own play lists and can download offline.

Even better in car I can just tell SIRI what to play and it work amazingly

Goodbye spotify

Caporegime
I'm on the £14.99 family share (for up to 6 people)

What I love, up to 6 people can play at same time.. we all get our own play lists and can download offline.

Even better in car I can just tell SIRI what to play and it work amazingly

Goodbye spotify

Try asking it to play

Creedence Clearwater Revival

It wont for me...Ask it to play Frank zappa and it does...:p

Back
Top Bottom