Apple Music pricing

Soldato
Just having a play and I feel this is more based towards people with an iTunes library so there's integration. I'm probably just set in my ways but it doesn't match spotify yet. The available offline takes an age too compared to spotify.

Caporegime
Just having a play and I feel this is more based towards people with an iTunes library so there's integration.

That's what I don't like. It's frazzled my brain trying to work out what music is mine and what is Apple's. I'm thinking of starting a new Apple ID and just using Apple Music. The stuff I own is already backed up on Google Play Music so I can get it from there if need be.

The available offline thing is instant for me? You just choose the option and it downloads straight away.

Soldato
Great, that has worked. Beats1 playing just fine now. Thanks

Long time no see Coops!

Back on topic, loving Beats1 and Apple Music at the minute. I keep finding more stuff I like, although I am struggling to find music recommended from my library, the 'For You' tab doesn't seem too intelligent i.e. recommending albums which are already in my library! Other than that, it's great so far.

Soldato
Can you listen again on demand to specific shows? Eg. you can listen again to stuff on iPlayer/for BBC stuff, right? Is there a way to listen to Zane Lowe's show when I want in a similar way?

On the connect tab, the features shows are at the bottom with a playlist of the songs which you can listen to - I only found this out when Zane Lowe mentioned it on his show this morning. Don't think you can listen to the shows how they were broadcast though.

Soldato
It's the first and only time I've bothered with it, but it's fantastic.

'Siri, play me Boxer by The National' ... done, I don't have to open the app, search, click the album and select play.

just asked it to play 80s music

Perfect... cheers for that.

Only thing is the car doesn't like me talking to siri it thinks it's a phone call. :(

OOPs tried again to play john Lennon (on my phone) and nothing came out :(

Also went for the 15 euro family package.... there are three of us at home so 5€ each perfect.

Last edited:
Soldato
Back to Spotify. I'm usually Apple through and through but there are too many features i miss on spotify. The swiping to queue being one. Yeah sucks not being able to get Siri to play my stuff but thats just novelty really. I know its very new at the moment but i can add the GF to my spotify for an extra £5 per month which would be the same price as family anyway (only 2 of us) so..

Associate
Anyone else having huge issue with downloading for offline use? It's terrible, if I add a track to a playlist which is meant to sync offline it won't automatically do it and worse is that randomly tracks will un-sync...

Anyone have any suggestions or experiencing the same issues?

fez

fez

Caporegime
I am loving this. I think that one of its strong points is that they have put the idea of searching for music you know / want to the back of the service. You can still find it all super easily but the focus is on discovering new music. A lot of the curated playlists are brilliant and the suggestions based on what you like have been very good.

This is just what I want from a streaming service. Rdio stations were **** in my opinion and most of the spotify playlists were either just "whats current and **** in the charts right now" or "heres a bunch of songs that 90% of other playlists of this genre include as well".

Soldato
Quite happy paying £7.99 /month for Google Play Music. Seems like Apple are hoping people will flock to it because it has an Apple and Dre Beats logo on it. Apple Music doesn't support android yet i don't think, bit of an oversight imo.

Soldato
So do i. Needs a family sub though. I've been waiting for google to sort that out since it launched, now out comes apple music with a family sub from launch. Google dropped the ball there.

They should hopefully get that feature implemented soon then seeing as Apple beat them to it. Google also need to sort out a proper desktop player.

Man of Honour
Anyone lost all their music over the weekend?

Woke up this morning and I've lost the 14GB of music that was on there already, and the only stuff still on my phone is the stuff I've made available offline from Apple Music. Not done a sync to my iMac for ages so can't be that, hoping I just need to resync and it's a one off

Back
Top Bottom