• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon 295x2 Issues

Associate
OP
Yeah I tried that and it didn't make a difference.

Uhhm well I got the 295x2 for £400 so something around that area I guess, which puts me out of 980ti prices I know. I might have to just wait a bit.

Associate
I'm not sure about your case but mine (haf x) came with a gpu support bracket (currently holding 2 of 3 7950's). Those ards are huge and as you tried previously, supporting it did help. Personally I'd send the card back as sloshing and gurgling in a closed loop means there's air trapped.

Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

SP

Associate
Send it back , there is probably a hair line crack/ broken solder joint in the pci-e connector or board. propping it up will only be a solution to the symptom and eventually it will die.

I imagine it was probably on a test bench when it was checked before going into B-grade stock which is why the issue wasn't spotted.

Associate
OP
Nearly bought that very card,glad I didn't this time. Nothing like a fault finding
mission.

It was probably the worst 5 days of my life lol. I spent all day every day reinstalling windows or AMD drivers. I was in denial for most of that time. I didn't want to accept that it was broken :(

I have no idea if its fixable. I've been looking on the b-grade section to see if they re-list it but it hasn't gone up yet so it must have failed for them too during testing.

Soldato
Shame to suffer such difficulties. I wonder if ocuk knew of the issue of return and tested it.

I don't mind getting stuff that doesn't work in principle. But when you spend.so much of your own time it becomes expensive.

Associate
Reinstalling a system and trying all ideas is a big stress. My lady puts her head in her hands when i buy something she worries it will go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom