Clothes .... Do you have many ?

Man of Honour
T-Shirt and jeans all the way to death, mid 40s now. This is no longer 1952 when old folk are meant to be resigned to GOD.

Depends on the style I think - plus some people can carry a style off as they get older better than others as well.

I have no intention of giving up my black stone washed style jeans and a smart shirt or fairly plain t-shirt regardless of age.

Soldato
I consist of basically nothing but Primark t-shirts and jeans :p have a couple of shirts for "occasions" plus a couple of pairs of trousers and a load of shirts for work. That's about it.

Permabanned
I seem to have a lot of really nice shirts and ties, but I got bored of wearing them.

I'd like some better running shoes but in my book neon isn't a colour, it is a noble gas.

Associate
Every time I see one of these posts it reminds me of Jeans and Sheuxsss. :D

I've really thinned out my wardrobe over the past 2 years. Making sure most items are interchangeable. Spent too many years buying clothes that only went well with one other item and rarely wore.

Last edited:
Soldato
I find it hard to throw clothes away. I wear my clothes till they look tatty and then they get relegated to workwear, which further ruins them, but I still find it hard to bin them. Not sure why, but it just seems a waste.

Soldato
I've got a lot of primark t shirts, £3 each so can't say no to them.

1 Ecko hoody, few jumpers, 2 pairs of nikes and a pair of boots for the winter. I live in tracksuit bottoms as well. Just cannot wear jeans.. sensitive skin :(

Associate
I take great satisfaction in clothes, I like to take pride in my appearance and wear decent clobber, it's the only way!

Yeah kinda this, but my wardrobe seems to get split over multiple locations, e.g. family home in Essex, current home in Chester, and GF's place Oop North. As one pile, probably quite a lot, and I generally charity shop the old stuff I know I won't wear again.

Soldato
A quick rough counts shows that I have:-

A metric **** ton of t-shirts and hoodies.
A few Stoke City shirts.
3 shirts
7 pairs of combats
5 pairs of combat/cargo shorts
A few pairs of jogging trousers and jogging shorts.
3 pairs of jeans
2 pairs of trainers
2 pairs of hiking shoes
3 pairs of boots.
7 jackets/coats
Numerous things such as socks, undies, hats, gloves and the like.
No 'proper' shoes, no ties and definitely no suits.

Last edited:
Soldato
2 pairs of Jeans.
2 pairs of tracky bottoms for the, Gym.
2 pairs of Cargo Jeans for work.
About 5 Polo shirts. 3 have been wrecked at work this year.
1 Jumper.

1 pair of Walking boots. Worn to and from work.
3 pairs of Trainers, 1 for, Gym and 2 for casual.
1 pair of shoes.

1 Coat
1 Jacket
1 Raincoat

Permabanned
I always dress the same.

I just have a few copies of the same stuff.

At some point I replace the whole wardrobe.

So it's like... 1 trip to town every couple of years. That's enough high street for me tbh.

Man of Honour
Bearing mind that I'm an old man, so have had plenty of time to collect:

Three suits (none of which I wear much)
Four other proper jackets
About six pairs of more or less formal trousers plus about the same informal
About forty shirts, and twenty t-shirts plus polo shirts
plus random other stuff

No denims though, 'cos I don't want to look like Jeremy Clarkson.

Associate
Associate
I own an array plain Tesco t-shirts, and one pair of Jeans from Debenhams. I've had the same pair of Northface hiking trainers since the beginning of my second year at uni, which was from back in 2010. Admittedly the trainers are well past their best, but they still work so they're good enough for me.

To sum it up, I detest clothes shopping, I hate the consumer ******** that goes with it.

Associate
I live in work uniform, so I have plenty of white shirts and black trousers.

However I have bugger all casual clothing. I know I need a new wardrobe, however every time I go to spend a few hundred on a decent amount of clothing I by accident spend it on computer parts....

Caporegime
OP
I live in work uniform, so I have plenty of white shirts and black trousers.

However I have bugger all casual clothing. I know I need a new wardrobe, however every time I go to spend a few hundred on a decent amount of clothing I by accident spend it on computer parts....

Geek:D

Commissario
I'm currently at a shed load of t-shirts.
A bunch of shirts (never worn, I don't know if they still fit).
Something like 10* pairs of jeans, 4 of which have never been worn (I picked up half a dozen pairs of M&S jeans at £8 each* in a sale last time I needed some).
Several pairs of trouser.
Variious cardigans and tops.
Various trousers, shorts etc.

Two suits that I suspect have trousers that don't fit.

I really need to organise my wardrobe and sort out what doesn't fit, but it's something like job 956 out of 1001 that I need to do (redecorating the bedroom and replacing the actual wardrobe is before that).

*Some of their stretch fit stormwear M&S men's ones (normally about £35 each, so bargain!).

Back
Top Bottom