Poll: Fox Hunting

Do you support proposed amendments or repeal of the Hunting Act?

• Total voters
Soldato
We have parades for soldiers all the time, but they have been off somewhere killing people we didn't like.

Killing a fox with a gun is a lot more bloody than you might imagine, it's not all *boom, headshot, achievement unlocked*

-

Crap analogy aside, yea thats why our soldiers kill people, because we don't "like" them, what a stupid post.

Man of Honour
Mixed feelings here. I'm pleased the vote is postponed as I am against hunting for sport but the political playground tactics that postponed are troubling. An entirely English issue scuppered by SNP..

Soldato
It's a complete farse, first Labour force a ban through against widespread opposition, now the Tories hold a vote on repealing it despite less widespread opposition (but opposition nonetheless) but postpone it until after new laws come in that block Scottish MP's from voting on it (as it only concerns England/Wales), despite the fact the Scottish MP's gave their word they would never vote on stuff that only effects England/Wales (but changed their minds one they got to taste the power).

Total weapons grade farse.

Man of Honour
It was always going to happen, and people where stupid public switching away from labour because if scare tactics from Tories over SNP. Yeah who's the stupid ones know.
SNP were always going to stick their meddling hands in, it's the only way they have any power at all.

Sooner English votes for English laws the better.
Well even better would be to re-evolve back to a single country, but that won't happen.

Caporegime
As a Scot I'm disappointed in Scottish MPs voting on laws only affecting England and Wales.

as an Englishman I welcome SNP voting on English issues as long as they vote as the general public majority would.

which in this case is clearly against the hunting of animals for sport

Man of Honour
as an Englishman I welcome SNP voting on English issues as long as they vote as the general public majority would.

This makes no real sense (Plus how would you ever know anyway whether they would vote 'as the general public majority would').

You are simply happy because you got what you wanted. This is quite sad really - I got what I wanted too as I am also against the barbaric sport of hunting - but that doesn't mean I can agree the way in which it was done was right just because the outcome suited me.

Caporegime
Shock as MP's lie to get in to power.
As said above whilst the outcome is good, for now, the way it was reached wasn't. Broken promises and knee-jerk reactions help nobody.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;28310247 said:
This makes no real sense (Plus how would you ever know anyway whether they would vote 'as the general public majority would').
They just did?
You are simply happy because you got what you wanted. This is quite sad really - I got what I wanted too as I am also against the barbaric sport of hunting - but that doesn't mean I can agree the way in which it was done was right just because the outcome suited me.

No I'm glad someone is sticking up for what the english believe in, rather than the usual politics BS of you scratch my back and our party will scratch yours.

SNP aren't anti english next time they are on about seats in the north :D

Soldato
They just did?

No they said they would vote how a vocal group wanted, the is no way of knowing how the majority of the general public felt. Tony Blair thought the majority of the general public were in favour of a ban in 2002 due to the way London felt about it however when he started putting it through it turned out the majority of the countryside (where the foxes are) were against it, it then blew up in his face as he rushed it through, prompting the second largest scale protests of the 21st century (dwarfing any anti-austerity protests and surpassed only by the anti-war in Iraq protest).

Caporegime
I think Tefal was asking why we can't have a referendum about England and Wales being independent from them. Would get my vote.

Not independence just a "should smp and mwa and English mos only be able to vote on policy when it is relive not to their country tey"

Caporegime
No they said they would vote how a vocal group wanted, the is no way of knowing how the majority of the general public felt. Tony Blair thought the majority of the general public were in favour of a ban in 2002 due to the way London felt about it however when he started putting it through it turned out the majority of the countryside (where the foxes are) were against it, it then blew up in his face as he rushed it through, prompting the second largest scale protests of the 21st century (dwarfing any anti-austerity protests and surpassed only by the anti-war in Iraq protest).

you will find the majority of the population are against hunting animals for personal pleasure

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/01/09/british-people-still-support-fox-hunting-ban/

Last edited:
Associate
As predicted, the SNP have antagonised the English (and Welsh) electorate in order to foster feelings of separatism. It's got nothing to do with principles or ethics.

As much as I'm against the repeal to the fox hunting ban, this kind of stinks.

Soldato
Caporegime
Read the comments, as most people point out the survey is skewed towards those who would vote in favour of a ban and against those in the countryside.

Even if public opinion is now in favour of a ban I have difficulty believing it has shifted that much in a decade.

er only 33-40% are in favour of lifting the ban according to yougov

i dont care about the comments they arent stats from the government

your clearly butthurt that you can't hunt foxes for sport and won't admit public opinion is against it

Soldato
your clearly butthurt that you can't hunt foxes for sport and won't admit public opinion is against it

I don't want the ban lifted, I support it, however as a fan of democracy it bugs me that it was brought in when public opinion was against it and its now being kept due to a vocal group (who may or may not reflect public opinion) and political shenanigans from the SNP.

Back
Top Bottom