Oktoberfest London - Cancelled after 1 night

Soldato
***Dons - Didn't want to put it in Food as it's a news item and people might want to know before they go***

Hi all, well after myself and a mate have spent nearly £500 for this (entrance, trains, hotels, day off work) it's been cancelled after one appalling night with 2hr queues to get in, no food, no beer and no staff.

Whats the betting that the company running this suddenly goes bankrupt and won't be able to refund anyone or the other companies they've hired!

Here's a DailyFail article but the best read is on twitter which is, quite rightly, tearing the organisers a new one!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...000-table-turn-leaving-staff-unable-cope.html

So, now we've got a free night in London for drinking, where's good in the East End (near Old Street Station) for ales, CAMRA, real beer with twigs in etc?

nobeer.jpg

Associate
Just came back from 6 days at the real one in munich and only spent about the same as you have paid for this sham in london.

I have never been satisfied with an attraction or event here in the UK compared to similar things attended over seas they always seen to be half arsed.

I would recommend the real festival though the scale of the festival is imense and the beer is fantastic also

Dude

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Why on earth would you even bother going to an Oktoberfest in London?

That's like going to an Aussie BBQ in Mancherster.

Makes no sense.

Permabanned
Who organized it? The sight of the sausages made me nearly sick... The first thing i thought was, I bet this was done by some immigrants coming to Britain with a quick idea to make money, And obviously failing hard.

How hard can it be to source quality gourmet sausages and beer in Europe and then sell them at a profit? It looks like a shameless rip off to be honest.

Caporegime
Who organized it? The sight of the sausages made me nearly sick... The first thing i thought was, I bet this was done by some immigrants coming to Britain with a quick idea to make money, And obviously failing hard.

How hard can it be to source quality gourmet sausages and beer in Europe and then sell them at a profit? It looks like a shameless rip off to be honest.

More likely some Shoreditch hipster yahs imo. Borrow a bit of money from Daddy, as long as he gets paid back it won't matter.

Associate
Those UK Oktoberfest events suck anyway. It's usually a massive tent with some wooden tables in and ridiculously over priced food and beer with generic cover bands playing.

Go to the real thing next year in Germany you'll have a much better time

Permabanned
Those UK Oktoberfest events suck anyway. It's usually a massive tent with some wooden tables in and ridiculously over priced food and beer with generic cover bands playing.

Go to the real thing next year in Germany you'll have a much better time

On my to do list, Amsterdam > Oktoberfest > Amsterdam round trip and fly right home to Belfast Intl. So many things to do and see.

Associate
Crap sorry to hear that.

You are near shoreditch if you are by Old Street Station. Hopefully you find something to your liking over there, head to the street food places maybe...

Caporegime
lots of East London is full of 'craft beers' theses days (hipsters love it as much as street food and pop up restaurants)... plenty of more traditional real ale too

personally I'd head down brick lane for a night out

Permabanned
Iu37E22.jpg

Edit: Weird how the english words changed to god knows what, but you get the drift.. "STONER ALERT"

So everyone who goes to Amsterdam is a beer drinking pot smoking prostitute user right? ;) Thankfully i do not drink smoke or engage with ladies of the night. But never say never!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oversold and poorly staffed, but that's typical of most things in London. I like my beer but never been tempted by these things. Feel sorry for the people conned out of their money.

Back
Top Bottom