'Amazon Prime Now' app - anyone used it?

Consigliere
Basically its an app on your phone and you can order things to arrive within 1-2 hours.

Anyone tried it? Can't really be that good? :p

It's raining outside and i fancy chocolate and a few other things so may just give this a go.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Doesn't cost extra, there's a £20 min charge, though.

You book a 2 hour slot for it to arrive in. Mine came at the very beginning of my 2 hour slot as I live apparently about half a mile from the depot.

Soldato
I've used it several times, always came within two hours here in Staffs. I bought a book case from Argos but couldn't find my toolkit so ordered a hammer and some other bits from Prime Now. This was at 7pm on Sunday and it arrived by 9pm.

Soldato
I must remember to use my £10 voucher they sent me to use on my first order - minimum order has to be £30.
It seems that there are items which can be bought from amazon (Prime) which are not showing as available in the Prime Now App, I thought that they would be the same...?

Caporegime
I must remember to use my £10 voucher they sent me to use on my first order - minimum order has to be £30.
It seems that there are items which can be bought from amazon (Prime) which are not showing as available in the Prime Now App, I thought that they would be the same...?

Prime now delivers from a local warehouse, hence the 2 hours window. And regular prime stuff are stored in their larger warehouse which I think it's in Swansea?

Soldato
Prime now delivers from a local warehouse, hence the 2 hours window. And regular prime stuff are stored in their larger warehouse which I think it's in Swansea?

Thought so, thanks for the confirmation.
I'm just returning one item from an order which arrived today, and that is addressed to Swansea on their returns label.

I suppose it depends on their local stock as to what they can deliver in your area, being less likely to have items fulfilled by Amazon.

Soldato
Used it a few times - always arrives quick enough. For my area, its very restricted stock. I pity the poor delivery guy who comes from Modern to deliver drunk middle aged jokers star wars Lego sets at 10pm on a Saturday on his moped!

Associate
I used it in London to buy a headset while i was at work.

It worked fine, delivered in under 2 hours (If you have prime and don't want to pay for 1 hour delivery is free for a 2 hour delivery)

The bikes have GPS too and you can track exactly where they are on the map.

Back
Top Bottom