Best curry in central London!

Associate
So, what is it? In London overnight, want a great curry, where should I head?

**Re-edit, oops it was on terrestrial TV, spoil away!**

Soldato
Hoppers in Soho does excellent Sri Lankan/Tamil food. You need to reserve in person, so I would suggest going there now put your name on the list, go and grab a drink somewhere else and then they will text you when a table is free.

Suspended
London is not on the same page when it comes to curry and it's obvious you have no idea what's good in London if you start with Brick Lane.

He quoted everything was crap in London. When he couldn't be anymore wrong.
What's wrong with Brick Lane for curry? That's what brick lane is known for... Iv been lots of times to different places and its never been bad.. I know not the best but certainly isn't bad. Also two others above have also said the same thing.

Gymkhana in Mayfair is great, also Dishoom.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
He quoted everything was crap in London. When he couldn't be anymore wrong.
What's wrong with Brick Lane for curry? That's what brick lane is known for... Iv been lots of times to different places and its never been bad.. I know not the best but certainly isn't bad. Also two others above have also said the same thing.

Gymkhana in Mayfair is great, also Dishoom.

Of course London has some great places to eat, some of them amongst the finest on the planet but it is littered with Emperors New Clothes dining establishments, it's a bloody disease frankly. I have struggled to get a good curry in the city, there are some but Brick Lane is often a disappointment even when taken there by Indian friends. It's where London people tell non London people they will get a good curry in my experience, not where they will actually get a good curry more often than not.

Man of Honour
Leicester has great curries, Bradford and of course Birmingham, but that's because they are full of Indian, Bangladeshi and other such asians who bring their fab food to the masses.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom