Who to complain to about French Air Traffic Control

Soldato
As title, I am FURIOUS, they are ruining a loved ones flight home from Spain, but I cannot find any contact details for them anywhere (spineless $&*£&£&*) - obviously the air lines are affected and pressuring them already - but I want to submit a formal complaint of some sort, or seek compensation :mad:

All the air line has said is they will get a 'free flight home' (PR Bull, obviously they already paid for the flight home so its not free), and there are no hotels left to put them up, so what they gonna do ? sleep on street?

Any help much appreciated.

Man of Honour
If they are really stuck with no accommodation have them get in contact with the British embassy (or whoever is appropriate if they aren't British).

Soldato
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/Flight-cancellations-and-strikes-your-rights/

"What should I do if I am stranded abroad?

EU regulations make it clear that, when a flight with an EU airline or from an EU airport is cancelled, an airline is liable to pay for the cost of a hotel and subsistence for all those stranded as a result, until a replacement flight is provided. Should your airline advise you to buy your own food and accommodation, keep all receipts, and keep such costs to a reasonable minimum, before making a claim when you get back to Britain."

Whether this applies to a strike, not sure. Worth leaning on the airline?

Caporegime
Direct your complaints at the airlines, it's their problem to deal with and the EU sets out some very clear requirements for how they should handle delays.

Sending a **** through the letterbox of the union might make you feel a lot better, but won't get you anywhere.

Edit: I cannot believe that Richard the 3rd is starred out. That's mental.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys.............I'm pretty angry right now - Ryanair are not even giving passengers a free drink simply saying they are not at fault its not their fault and they wont be doing anything for passengers........... charming, customer service right there, loved one been sat in the plane for 2 hours now waiting to take off and are not due to take off for another 40 mins (assuming its not put back further)

Caporegime
My flight was delayed by an hour and 20mins today because it came from Geneva.

I didn't know what was happening until the pilot said it when we got on.

The only other flight i saw that was delayed was the one going to Barcelona.

I wasn't that bothered except i was pretty tired and just wanted to get to where i am going.

Caporegime
They are only correct that they don't need to offer compensation, they still have to look after people.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...-delay-due-to-a-strike-can-i-get-compensation

But having just read that they're maybe being delayed 3 hours then I don't have a huge amount of sympathy. The OP basically claimed that they were being asked to spend the night on the streets. If they were that fussed about how they got treated on a plane then they wouldn't be using a crap carrier.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
so the loved one has been waiting 2hrs and may have to wait another 40 minutes for take off.

ffs get a grip will you

Yeah on this attempt, the previous flights have been cancelled over the past 2 days and Ryanair did nothing, so yeah 48 hours basically not sleeping hanging around an air port - she aint in a good way and I dont blame her, id be causing uproar right about now if I was there.

Also im keen to nuke French ATC from orbit, right in their ovaries - perhaps if they would put their white flags away and stop sleeping all afternoon they would have sorted this disaster ! - utter idiots, I bet they are on plenty money.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As title, I am FURIOUS, seek compensation :mad:

#Amurica

so the loved one has been waiting 2hrs and may have to wait another 40 minutes for take off.

ffs get a grip will you

This^

I've had 24 hour delays from Turkey before , and lived to tell the tale.

I also had the 'lucky' experience to be in Madrid when that bloody Icelandic volcano erupted and had to coach it back to Bristol ( best part of a day and a half on a coach )

A 3 hour delay is nothing :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah on this attempt, the previous flights have been cancelled over the past 2 days and Ryanair did nothing, so yeah 48 hours basically not sleeping hanging around an air port - she aint in a good way and I dont blame her, id be causing uproar right about now if I was there.

Also im keen to nuke French ATC from orbit, right in their ovaries - perhaps if they would put their white flags away and stop sleeping all afternoon they would have sorted this disaster ! - utter idiots, I bet they are on plenty money.

#Amurica

This^

~3 hours tonight, 2 days prior to today going no where son.

Soldato
OP
Well a computer forum is certainly the best place to start.

Got some useful links I wasn't aware of, sadly im 1023 miles from the airport so yeah I am otherwise feeling pretty helpless but I thought I would ask a wider community their experience and if they have any links for useful info, and they do, so its something at least - knowledge is power and all that

Soldato
If you were that concerned, you could have driven there and picked them up in the time they've been waiting. It would have been a big adventure!

Much easier just to moan about it.

OP, come back when you've spent 7 days in an unconditioned 32 man room in 50 degree heat during the day, watching a second plane land with spares to fix the one you should have been getting on, to be told you can't get on that as you were booked on the broken one. Oh and no chance of compensation whatsoever. Love reading threads like this.

Soldato
You won't get any compensation unless the delay is over 3 hours. Then it has to be the airlines fault as well.

A couple of hours delay is nothing, it happens. Just have patience.

Back
Top Bottom