I can finally put it in without looking

Caporegime
I think I've mastered USB ports, no longer do I have to try to put the cable in, then turn it around and try it again, then look at it and finally put it in, now I can just plug the cable straight in first time.

Anyone else mastered USB ports recently?

I find it really does depend on what you're trying to put in, typically the harder the better. Those jelly ones are like thumbing a marshmallow into a money box, but if you get a good hard one and get a bit of force behind it then it's normally quite easy. Seems to get easier the more you take it out and put it back in, practice I guess.

Better to build up speed, rather than going full hammer at the start too. Gently does it to begin with, once you've got your eye in then go to town.

Caporegime
I used to struggle with this the most, but now I don't need to look.

Lucky guy!

I've given up trying :(

Last time I was stretching, struggling and wrestling like a mad man. It got rather heated with lots of dirty words being shouted just before the flood gates opened with me being soaked. Only knocked my coffee over...

Associate
I've never had a USB port complain, so I must be doing it right.

What's the repercussions for putting a male lead into a male port, while drunk, if you previously only put male leads into female ports?

Does anyone else find that the USB port they use all the time gets a bit boring and you long for a newer one that grips the lead more tightly?

Would it cause future compatibility issues if I put it in a sister port?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm always getting the wrong hole when going round the back. Plays havoc on my knees and broken many connection in the process. It's much easier when female port is layed down flat and you can see what you are doing.

Underboss
Yeah I have recently mastered it, I put it in and out several times...in many different ports and after lots of practise with the many different ports I can safely insert it into the main port without looking.

Sometimes the main port doesn't want the dongle in there sadly.

Caporegime
OP
I'm always getting the wrong hole when going round the back. Plays havoc on my knees and broken many connection in the process. It's much easier when female port is layed down flat and you can see what you are doing.

There's been a few times I've ended up trying to force it in the wrong place (HDMI port) which lead to much disgust.

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom