I can finally put it in without looking

Soldato
I have a proprietary magnetic charging connection on my device.

It's so stumpy and the holes are so small, it takes easily a minute of fumbling in the dark before it goes in, and even then it isn't guaranteed to be in correctly. The slightest movement and it comes off in my hand. So disappointing.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I've found mine isn't really long enough to enable proper insertion so I've had to resort to using an extension.

Associate
A word of warning: don't try and insert your lead into a port that is in sleep mode, it will cause a hardware error and you might not have access to that port for weeks. Be prepared for the USB hub to remind you of this at every opportunity and could possibly result in you having to watch DVDs of other ports in action.

Man of Honour
A word of warning: don't try and insert your lead into a port that is in sleep mode, it will cause a hardware error and you might not have access to that port for weeks. Be prepared for the USB hub to remind you of this at every opportunity and could possibly result in you having to watch DVDs of other ports in action.

:D :D :D

Underboss
I have a slight issue.

Went to use the main port last night, but it almost felt like the port had been used earlier in the day. I was at work and the unit should have been CCleaning, checking event logs shows that 3 different ports were utilised during the day by several unknown peripherals.

I am now trading the unit in for a firewire port.

Last edited:

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I do find that if there is already something in the port next to the one I want, that device can make insertion a little tricky, especially if it's a big one and hangs out in the way of the other port. Things sometimes end up touching but if the angle isn't too great, it's usually bearable.

Associate
I have a slight issue.

Went to use the main port last night, but it almost felt like the port had been used earlier in the day. I was at work and the unit should have been CCleaning, checking event logs shows that 3 different ports were utilised during the day by several unknown peripherals.

I am now trading the unit in for a firewire port.

If I were you I would update your antivirus and perhaps install a hardware firewall....

Commissario
USB ports are a pain. How many people have tried to plug a cable in, got it wrong, turned it round only to find it's still wrong and gone back to the original orientation only to find that it was right first time after all!

Man of Honour
USB ports are a pain. How many people have tried to plug a cable in, got it wrong, turned it round only to find it's still wrong and gone back to the original orientation only to find that it was right first time after all!

It didn't feel like it was in properly the first time? Is it a mini USB you have?

Soldato

Lmao :D Brilliant

Just a word of warning - whilst this thread is good fun we are skirting a little close to the line so it may have a bit of limited time left, so get in quick.

7uUIYAY.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom