Stem Cells To Reactivate The Brains Of The Dead

Soldato
I'm concerned about the suffering that could be caused here. I don't know what dying is like subjectively, but I don't imagine that it is good. Imagine the feelings of suffocation or pain for example, as your body refuses to breathe, or fatal trauma overwhelms you.

I would imagine reactivation of the brain and thinking brings someone back into the same sensations as would be experienced when dying.

I would imagine there are going to be some incredibly strict protocols governing this research and these trials, well one would hope anyway.

Not from the ZOMG ZOMBIES angle, but more from the perspective that there is the potential to inflict some real macabre suffering on patients and families. Somewhat sensationalist, but scenes from The Animatrix's Second Renaissance spring to mind.

Soldato
If it works successfully (without causing the zombie apocalypse) then it'll lead to the interesting issue of should we be reanimating the dead when we've already got too many humans.

We may end up having to cherry pick who lives and who dies, after all your not going to let the next einstein dying stop scientific progress but neither do you care about joe average popping his clogs after a lifetime of not much.

Caporegime
I imagine this is strictly for oxygen starved brains and the like, as clearly it should be repairable?

This is hardly going to bring someone who's permanently a carcass back to life as necrosis is unlikely to ever be solved with stem cells.

Caporegime
I imagine this is strictly for oxygen starved brains and the like, as clearly it should be repairable?

This is hardly going to bring someone who's permanently a carcass back to life as necrosis is unlikely to ever be solved with stem cells.

I dunno, I might put a tenner on Elvis being found alive and hold out :p

Back
Top Bottom