Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
@Kreeee - not sure if you're about or on your honeymoon, but here's a mountain pass that would be great to do a video on - Colle del Nivolet. https://goo.gl/maps/8dVUgo4bTQC2

As featured in the ending scenes of the Italian Job :cool: And one of the 10 highest paved roads in Europe.
9389774397_c536ff1366_b.jpg

Soldato
And, best of all the road is a dead end so there's hardly any traffic most of the time :D Apparently the very top section to get over the mountain and into the aosta valley on the other side is proper offroad, I'd love to take a KTM 990 adventure up there :D

Soldato
If it's just a general service and not a special one like valve clearances which I'd guess it isn't as they're at 15k IIRC I'd save yourself the cash and do it yourself unless you really want to keep the book stamped.

Takes an hour maybe 2 at the most to do it all.

I need to have the CAM tensioners adjusted as there is a weird buzzsaw/rattle noise at 4.5/5.5k on the rev counter, and seems to be getting louder the more I ride.

Normally I would do it, but as the MOT is due on the 19th it makes sense to tie it all together. Plus i'm lazy :p

Soldato
As soon as the rollers start getting shiny, it needs lubing. I've had my DID heavy duty X-ring chain on my bike since February 2015, so probably 15k miles and apart from it getting towards the end of it's adjustment range it's perfect.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I noticed that the SV's are in general really noisy, but I kinda like it. :p

If you had £5k to spend and you were looking to buy a sport/super bike, what bike you would go for? It can be anything from a 600cc, to a 1000cc... it doesn't have to be exactly 5k, it can be around that price range. :p

Man of Honour
As soon as the rollers start getting shiny, it needs lubing. I've had my DID heavy duty X-ring chain on my bike since February 2015, so probably 15k miles and apart from it getting towards the end of it's adjustment range it's perfect.

It never gets near shiny, lubed every tank of fuel so roughly 150 miles. Cleaned once a month or so there's no reason for it to be falling apart.

Man of Honour
To be fair I'm probably being generous that's why I added the or so :D it's more like when I remember. Either way it's a soft old tooth brush and a wipe down with a cloth job so it shouldn't have damaged it.

I vaguely remember reading DID have a warranty of some sort might be worth some research.

Soldato
Is anyone from the south west and up for a ride out during the summer months? Mrs is leaving in August so going to need to do a lot of activities and keep myself occupied before I turn into a soppy git lol

Associate
Is anyone from the south west and up for a ride out during the summer months? Mrs is leaving in August so going to need to do a lot of activities and keep myself occupied before I turn into a soppy git lol

My brother lives over towards Bristol so should I visit him on the bike I'd be more than happy to go for a ride.

I don't see him often however so don't hold your breath just yet :p

Back
Top Bottom