• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
I'm sure OCUK and other retailers would prefer to have plentiful supply to be able to fill orders rather than making an extra £40-£80 on each one.

Definitely OCUK, competitors which usually sell less are probably rather happy.

I think many people who would never bother with other etailers still checked every UK website (I know I did, then saw the prices and ran back here - like the GLH for 670£).

Last edited:
Associate
Congrats! Hope it clocks better than the flounders everybody bought a month ago :p
I never OC mine thats why i went with this model, but yea i'll check the clocks and see how it goes, hopefully i got a decent stock one. I mainly stuck with the Strix because of the zero coil whine and good components, geez tho can't believe it, took awhile but sticking with the preorder from release certainly paid off.

Associate
Oh for sure but I truly hope that the FTW clocks in better than the Flounders based ACX/SC versions- and I have yet to see a FTW reach over 2ghz which is worrying me.

Associate
Mine was quoted as shipped 2 hours later.

Fair enough - hope you enjoy. Hopefully I really am first now. I'm trying to get this confirmed. Another thing which confused me is that someone who was reportedly behind me before today got theirs dispatched. Hope they enjoy their card, just wish I knew 100% where I stood in the queue.

Caporegime
That's not good :(

Gibbo said earlier in the thread that the premium pack version (20 of them) would be here this week.

Hi there

Here is what were expecting this week:

Gigabyte 1080 FE - Plenty in stock
Gigabyte 1080 G1 - Around 100 this week, plenty available
Gigabyte 1080 Extreme - Late / early next week
Gigabyte 1080 Extreme PP - 20 this week, nearly all pre-sold
Gigabyte 1070 FE - 1000 this week, plenty available!!
Gigabyte 1070 G1 - 100 this week, plenty available!!

)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Definitely OCUK, competitors which usually sell less are probably rather happy.

I think many people who would never bother with other etailers still checked every UK website (I know I did, then saw the prices and ran back here - like the GLH for 670£).

Maybe some of you will remember this when making remarks on the forum about OcUK being expensive.

Remember the 1080 and 1070 launch where OcUK not only got stock first but on a lot of cards were cheaper, even as much as £100 cheaper.

:)

Associate
Anyone who have had 1080 strix' dispatched where in queue were you? im early 40s but no dispatch yet. Hopefully sometime this week
I was 7th in the queue and mine dispatched today around 7:40pm, bare in mind i ordered my Strix on the day of release, 27th may around 2:24pm, hope that helps.

Associate
Maybe some of you will remember this when making remarks on the forum about OcUK being expensive.

Remember the 1080 and 1070 launch where OcUK not only got stock first but on a lot of cards were cheaper, even as much as £100 cheaper.

:)
You obviously got some support by those who decide how much money to commit to large scale purchases then.

Back
Top Bottom