• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

Soldato
Im glad were out of the EU, sure the pound is weak now but wont take long to get back up i reckon, its just the initial shock really when things calm down and new trade agreements setup over the next few weeks/months trade will get back to normal. Keep in mind i know nowt really its just hopeful thinking.

But the rx 480 is safe as gibbo has bought 1000 so they wont change in price as hes already bought them, future stock might be a little more expensive. Maybe extra 10er or so.

Caporegime
Im glad were out of the EU, sure the pound is weak now but wont take long to get back up i reckon, its just the initial shock really when things calm down and new trade agreements setup over the next few weeks/months trade will get back to normal. Keep in mind i know nowt really its just hopeful thinking.

But the rx 480 is safe as gibbo has bought 1000 so they wont change in price as hes already bought them, future stock might be a little more expensive. Maybe extra 10er or so.

Yes his initial stock might be say £210. All cards thereafter will be £21 more so £231.

New trade agreements will take years not weeks months. Lol. I expect the pound hasn't finished falling yet.

I can see the 480s been over £400 before the end of summer.

OcUK Staff
Yes his initial stock might be say £210. All cards thereafter will be £21 more so £231.

New trade agreements will take years not weeks months. Lol. I expect the pound hasn't finished falling yet.

I can see the 480s been over £400 before the end of summer.

Unfortunately some stock has not landed and some is on account basis so will be booked at the new rate.

In short nothing but a disaster as this has a very negative impact on prices as now everything goes up!!! :( :( :(

Soldato
Unfortunately some stock has not landed and some is on account basis so will be booked at the new rate.

In short nothing but a disaster as this has a very negative impact on prices as now everything goes up!!! :( :( :(

But you did say before about $200 landed price and you said you have 500-1000 in stock now with more very shortly.

So im wondering will you be keeping what you were going to sell at with the stock you have now thats in the warehouse and your throne made of em and when them run out bump the price cos of the new stock thats incoming. Or just going to set the price up even regardless if you had stock already and the existing stock will be same price as stock that is incoming?

Caporegime

Sureley this is just based on currency, the £ will bounce back, Brexit beoynd that has no effect on US trade agreements, they are not with the EU but with us.

Soldato
I was going to wait on the Aftermarkets anyhow, i suggest most people do this now, should give time for the £ to stabilise as well, a lot of the current currency drop is panic knee jerk, nothing more.

The strength of the £ will return in due course, i suggest people wait it out if possible, and if your waiting for an Aftermarket cooled one, prices should normalise soon.

And yeah Gibbo stated he had aload already at a landed price, would look a bit mean if they suddenly hike the price and use the current EU instability as the reason, especially as i say when he already has said they had stock already landed at a price point...

Associate

Well I think OCUK will try to increase the price with some excuse;) More monies!! Oh look I didn't read the Gibbo reply. Excuse created!

Soldato
Go read the 1080 cards thread, gibbo has said he is putting prices up at 3pm, almost all stock. Somit to do with account being 30 days or something. Sounds weird to me.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=29679406#post29679406 (last few posts by gibbo)

But the pound is going every so slightly up again. 1.35 so up from 1.32 a hour or so ago.

So fingers crossed it will go up just given time.

We put some prices down yesterday! :)

Unfortunately today most of our catalogue shall be going up in my price!!

I am flying back now, if things do not stabilise by 15:00 we shall be adjusting all prices on pretty much all products purchased in USD which is 75% of our product range.

Don't blame us you guys voted out!!

In short hate it really hate it as our business never being so good but this has a massive impact on the price we pay for items. :(

Some say could hit as low as 1.20 today, God I hope not !!!!!

and

Most items are on 30-60 day Accounts so items in stock now not paid for have to go up otherwise when we pay we have a massive loss on exchange rate variance so the effect is quite immediate!

Fortunately stock like Palit 1080 we purchased in GBP so we can hold price at £599 and stay at or under old MSRP but the rest of 1080 range will go up £60 and all other components also effected.

I shall update prices at 15:00 today so I'm giving you time to order!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom