• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Awesome! It sounds like some people are getting toys for the weekend :)

Is there any news on the OC'd STRIXs yet?

Ta!

I'm literally on the phone to customer support now and they've said that they've "No idea whats happening" with the strix cards.. what a joke! Fed up waiting and I can't even change my order without putting myself out of pocket!!

Ordered: 28/05/16
Arriving: No one knows.....

Associate
Spoke to customer support today and paid extra for Saturday delivery. Joy of Joys will be getting my ftw tomorrow

I've got two further cards on pre order at Amazon for under £590(the strix and the ftw) I'll be selling those straight on for a profit if they are dispatched soon so watch the MM ;).

OcUK Staff
OP
Yeah true. I've just always disliked the whole take full payment up front for preorder system so I find it amusing that it's now biting them in the bottom :D

If we did not take money upfront, and charged card today when shipped, the outcome for us is the same, we'd still lose.

Unless what your suggesting is OcUK does not take upfront payment, so then when this happens we simply increase the prices and charge customers the new higher price or cancel their orders. Think if we did latter people would not be so happy.

Associate
I heard that they are having problems at manufacturing stage and they have an issue keeping them stable! Not sure how true this is.

I am ignoring all of those rumours and remaining wildly optimistic! The rumours seem a little off TBH, loads of people are reporting great card speeds, even from the flounders and i am pretty sure the CU III cooler will be one of the best out there.

Please ASUS / NVIDEA / OCUK, finally after 42 days, please sent me a shiney GPU...

Caporegime
Spoke to customer support today and paid extra for Saturday delivery. Joy of Joys will be getting my ftw tomorrow

I've got two further cards on pre order at Amazon for under £590(the strix and the ftw) I'll be selling those straight on for a profit if they are dispatched soon so watch the MM ;).

You can't sell on MM for a profit. So either cancel your orders or sell them on fleabay for no profit.

Rules of MM is that you must sell for no more than you paid for item even if its selling for a £1000 now.

Soldato

If you don't want the card cancel your order and give someone else a chance. Your not going to make much profit from ebay.

Associate
looks like people are jumping ship from Asus to EVGA . I was 103rd 3 days ago in the FTW queue and now Im apparently 139th !!!! So no card for me next week that will bring it very close to 2 months since I pre ordered . This upsets me greatly not least because I go on holiday in 2 weeks !!!Down 36 places in 3 days is a bit much and it is making me hate this queuing system even though admittedly it is gaining OC some of the money they have lost on the pre brexxit prices .
I just dont like being pushed down because someone decided to change their mind . In fact 36 people so far and god knows how many more will change before i get my card .
I think I need to go outside and swear at the cat

Soldato
If we did not take money upfront, and charged card today when shipped, the outcome for us is the same, we'd still lose.

Unless what your suggesting is OcUK does not take upfront payment, so then when this happens we simply increase the prices and charge customers the new higher price or cancel their orders. Think if we did latter people would not be so happy.

You might still lose using that method, but I think the customer would be happier not paying until delivery. It's a minor issue for me, but it did surprise me.

Pre-order at a specific price. Get charged that price on the day it's delivered. I honestly though this was standard across retailers until I ordered this 1080. I was shocked it went out on the day and given this extremely long wait, it doesn't feel necessary.

Anyone who was ordering from another country will have actually been somewhat screwed by how the exchange rates changed after their pre-order. Of course that could have happened either way.

Associate
Well glad to see the FTW brethren finally get their cards.

Gibbo is their any update for myself and the other people waiting on the seemingly extinct Seahawk hybrids and Aero.

Also even tho I haven't ordered one would like to ask for the Asus orders with the Strix.

As much stick as the EVGA rep got at least he is here.

Associate
You can't sell on MM for a profit. So either cancel your orders or sell them on fleabay for no profit.

Rules of MM is that you must sell for no more than you paid for item even if its selling for a £1000 now.

The one I'm buying from Overclockers I'm keeping believe me guys I have no card atm.

I'd be more than happy selling my Amazon cards for the ocuk retail price if / when they arrive.

If not I'll hit eBay and probably get considerably more for the strix card. Was just more looking out for my fellow friends in the ocuk community :).

Associate
@ Simon I just had a really bad thought and I promise I didnt giggle like a girl when I thought of it but what happens if those 36 that jumped ship to the FTW were numbered before you in the queue system !!!!? I would love to be a fly on your wall :eek:

Soldato
@ Simon I just had a really bad thought and I promise I didnt giggle like a girl when I thought of it but what happens if those 36 that jumped ship to the FTW were numbered before you in the queue system !!!!? I would love to be a fly on your wall :eek:

There isn't anyone before me. All those strix orders were done after I ordered. I have OCUK order foum with time and date of what time I ordered and my bank details on my time also

Associate
yes people forget that on bay will charge % fee and then paypal charge another too. you won't make profit from it .

It's 10% fee and I constantly break ebays rules when listing items and talk people into out of eBay trades for cash / bank transfers. (Gangster aren't I ;)).

If that strix comes soon then I'll make a tidy profit on it I'm sure. The ftw edition I wouldn't make as much on though.

Associate
I'm 83rd in the queue for a strix 1080.. is there even any point in me waiting? They have literally zero idea when they will get here. Been without a gpu for a over a month and it looks like it'll be another month before I can get one

Back
Top Bottom